Never Steal Candy From A Baby Or Kids!

Never Steal Candy Baby Kids! - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Nov, 2007 - 3:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th Nov, 2007 - 9:59am / Post ID: #

Never Steal Candy From A Baby or Kids!

Suspects in Halloween robbery face years in prison
MULTIPLE CHARGES: One of the accused curses media in court.

PALMER -- The two women charged with the Halloween robbery of seven elementary school trick-or-treaters in Talkeetna are facing long prison terms.

At her first court appearance Wednesday, Kendra Butts, 18, of Wasilla held sheets of paper in front of her face to block the view of cameras in the gallery.

As she waited for the judge, she directed a string of invectives at the media, at one point holding up her middle finger and saying, "Trick-or-treat this."

Magistrate David Zwink informed Butts of the six robbery and seven assault counts she faces and said that each robbery count carries a maximum sentence of 20 years, with each assault count carrying a maximum of five years.

According to Richard Payne at the Palmer District Attorney's office, the required sentence for robbery armed with a gun is seven years.

Alaska state troopers found Butts hiding Tuesday in a crawl space in a Big Lake home. Amber Martin, 20, was arrested Nov. 2 at a traffic stop initiated by Houston police, according to troopers.

Butts and Martin face identical charges. They are being held at the Mat-Su Pre-Trial Facility in lieu of $75,000 and $50,000 bail, respectively.

Troopers say the robbery occurred just after 5 p.m. Oct. 31 as the children, ages 10 and 11, made their rounds on Talkeetna's Main Street. Two women wearing ski masks jumped from a Dodge truck. One pointed a revolver at the children, demanded the candy, then fired one shot into the air, according to troopers. They made off with six bags of candy and an iPhone, troopers said.

Sgt. Craig Allen of the Alaska Bureau of Investigation said troopers are still looking for the phone, which was handed over in one of the candy bags. A parent had sent it along in case of an emergency.

"I'm talking to lots of people in the community who, I guess, are offended that our kids are made to feel unsafe, that they should be able to walk around trick-or-treating and that somebody would ruin that," she said Thursday.

"How messed up can you be, to be holding kids up for candy?" she said. No one in Talkeetna would have thought twice had even teenagers knocked and asked for candy on Halloween.

"It was all free to begin with," she said. "People would not have blinked."

Article https://www.adn.com/news/alaska/crime/story...p-9352691c.html

This is not too far from where I live and I just can't believe they even did this! Why do people do something like this? What do you think about it?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2007 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Kids Baby From Candy Steal Never

Wow, I can only imagine how terrified those kids were! This is truly disturbing. I really hope they get a harsh sentence because I cannot believe someone will pull out a gun to steal candies from kids! Unbelievable!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Nov, 2007 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Never Steal Candy From A Baby Or Kids! History & Civil Business Politics

Sick and twisted young women, those two. What a trade off - years in prison for a temporary "thrill" and candy that was probably devoured in a matter of hours. Those women deserve every minute they spend behind bars.

Rather off topic, but...
Can I plug my distaste for Hallowe'en in general here?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

15th Nov, 2007 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

You are very right Roz, they deserve every minute of it. I wonder if they thought this was some sort of "sick" joke to scare the kids. I mean, they could have perfectly taken the candy without the gun!

Rather off topic, but...
I assume your daughter did not "trick or treat"? How does she feel about that?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Nov, 2007 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Even, as the article pointed out, they could have gone trick-or-treating themselves - no one would have made a fuss about it. No, I think their goal was not to get candy but to get some kind of "thrill" from scaring little kids. Are they "thrilled" now with all their publicity? How embarrassing will it be to be in prison for stealing candy?

Rather off topic, but...
Actually, she went trick-or-treating, and we went to the church party. I just don't like any of it.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

15th Nov, 2007 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

I would like to believe these women were suffering with some form of mental disease that cut off reality from their world.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Never Steal Candy From A Baby Or Kids!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,