Freeze Hard Drive To Recover Data

Freeze Hard Drive Recover Data - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 28th Jan, 2008 - 7:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2007 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Is Freeze Hard Drive To Recover Data a myth or does it really work?

Sponsored Links:
28th Jan, 2008 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Data Recover Drive Hard Freeze

As strange as it may sound it does in fact work in some data recovery situations. Keep in mind if there is a physical defect with the drive it is most likely not going to help by freezing the drive but if it is an analog card problem where the chipset is unstable or in some situations where the read head it not reading track 0 of the drive and crashing out it can make all the difference.

Be sure if anyone is to attempt this that you understand that freezers are wet environments. Be sure to place the drive in a static bag and place that inside something to prevent direct moisture from entering the drive. Also be sure you do not intend on leaving this in the freezer for a ridiculous amount of time. 30 minutes to an hour should do it if it is going to work.

28th Jan, 2008 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Freeze Hard Drive To Recover Data Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I tried doing this with a USB drive at the time of my difficulties and did not get anything from it despite reading that it did work for some people.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2008 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Data Recover Drive Hard Freeze

Yes yes it works! It has worked for me! But, like Bwren said, use an air tight bag or you may end up hurting your drive. Any moisture at all and you make ruin your drive completely. If you aren't sure, then leave it set out to dry for a couple days before plugging it in.

> TOPIC: Freeze Hard Drive To Recover Data

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,