Boys, 8, 9, Charged With Raping Girl

Boys 8 9 Charged Raping Girl - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Nov, 2007 - 5:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th Nov, 2007 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

When we read news like that, we usually say that these kids may have been sexually abused themselves but is it possible (like in this case) that the three boys went through that? I am shocked as I have a son who will turn 8 in April. This is just horrible!

ACWORTH, Ga. -- Police say they've arrested three young boys on charges they kidnapped and raped an 11-year-old girl in the woods near an Acworth apartment complex.

Police say the boys -- who are 8 and 9 years old -- are in a Cobb County youth detention center but could face adult criminal charges.

"Reportedly two 9-year-old boys and one 8-year-old boy took the girl into the woods against her will where she was raped," said Capt. Wayne Bennard of the Acworth Police Department.

Police reports show the girl went to authorities Saturday for the alleged attack, which she says happened Thursday.

The victim told police they had been playing outside the West Ridge Apartments before the attack.

"The three boys have been charged with crimes ranging from rape, sexual assault, kidnapping and false imprisonment," said Bennard. "The reaction is dismay."

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2007 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Girl Raping Charged Boys

They are so young! I can't even fathom those crimes at their age or the ability to desire to carry it out. I have noticed though that the ages of those committing these shocking crimes seem to be getting younger and younger.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

20th Nov, 2007 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Boys, 8, 9, Charged With Raping Girl History & Civil Business Politics

That is right, hence you do not only watch the adults your child interacts with, but the children as well.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Nov, 2007 - 7:53am / Post ID: #

Girl Raping Charged Boys

That is so true! It seems we all know to be aware of the adults in our childrens lives but usually when I think of being aware of their friends, it is more like the influence of music, drugs and possibly of immorality issues, but my oldest are 13 & 14 yr. old boys.

Until reading that article, I honestly do not think I would have necessarily INTENTIONALLY thought that I would have to worry about something like this for my 10, 6 and 4 yr. old. I say intentionally, because obviously you have that parent instinct and have heightened awareness when other kids are around your own--but what if they were playing at a friends house? We are really careful about where they can play but you know, if it can happen in Georgia, it can happen anywhere else.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2007 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Girl Raping Charged Boys

I have a feeling that who ever the alpha male is in the group, he probably has been assaulted at some point. The other two were likely just followers. Thats why its so important to watch who your kids are playing with. You don't want them coming under the influence of someone like that. Even good kids are open to being manipulated or brain washed by other kids.

> TOPIC: Boys, 8, 9, Charged With Raping Girl

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,