Lice

Lice - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Nov, 2007 - 2:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Head Lice Treatment is Here
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2005 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Lice

SECRET INGREDIENT IN HEAD LICE TREATMENT REVEALED

The secret ingredient in a treatment for head lice is actually an over-the-counter skin cleanser, a U.S. researcher has revealed.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2...lice051205.html

Sponsored Links:
7th Dec, 2005 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Lice

I am really curious now as to why the drug companies turned him down to produce his product. It does sound like a pretty big breakthrough. I'm not real sure though, how big of a problem is lice? I personally have never had it. Is it more kids that have the problem? Does anyone have any home remedies to share?

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2005 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Lice
A Friend

Lice Health & Special Psychology

Lice is a huge problem! Oh my word! Lice is very contagious among children, and they tend to like children with clean hair. It will never be just one child with lice either. At the daycare I work at, they always strike several girls at one time. At the beginning of the school year, we had four girls with lice and they kept showing up. Techinically, if a child is found with lice they are not allowed in school until it's gone, so we couldn't figure out how they kept ending up at day care. Well, those four got rid of it, and then another girl got it.

Her mom refused to admit that her daughter had lice. She kept trying to pin it on something else, and even went so far as to take her daughter to a doctor. The doctor told her she had lice, and her mother still refused to believe it. It was crazy.

Ah, my head is itching just thinking about it.

But to answer your question, yes, lice is a problem, and if left untreated, turns into something much worse.

25th Apr, 2006 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Lice

Head lice is a huge problem with the children that I work with, it is really frustrating that most parents check their kids hair regularly and treat if necessary, but you always get ' offending parent' who either doesn't check, or couldn't care less, and for whichever reason, it then makes everybody else's efforts fruitless.

In order to totally eradicate head lice in nurserys and schools, it really does take the effort of every parent within that unit.

Until there is 100% participation, there is always going to be an outbreak.

On my own children's hair as a precaution, I use tea tree oil shampoo, and conditioner, as head lice find it hard to live in heavily conditioned hair.
Every day, I spray tea tree oil spray, as a head lice deterrent.-- There is something about tea tree that head lice do not like!

25th Apr, 2006 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Lice

I recall taking my daughter to a Girl Scout summer camp last year, and 2 girls were sent home the first day for having head lice. Here in the colder climates, head lice is not as prevalent, but it still exists. I know when I lived in Florida and Trinidad, head lice was a major problem. Usually though, we thought it was the children who weren't very clean or who didn't wash their hair very often that were more susceptible to lice; not the other way around.

21st Nov, 2007 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Lice

Cootie races yahoo! I recall my grandfather telling me how they raced them on their desk at school when he was in grade 2. His mom used stove oil to kill them.

Lice fact they die in 24 of not having a home. keep this in mind when dealing with clean up from an out break. The duration required to decontaminate a room if just left empty is 48 hours as that is two life cycles. The adults lay eggs and die then next batch hatches and if no home they die also. So save money tie up sheets cloth ect that they have been using throw in snow bank for a couple days then bring in an wash as normal.

Tea tree oil I have been told will kill them by putting in hair and cover with a tight hair cap to smother the lice. Then manually remove all the knits and get all bedding changed. Keep on cap over night and tea tree again in morning. I have also heard for ladies who like to die their hair to do so when you hear an out break has happened.

As a preventative measure use a hair gel it coats the hair and makes it toxic to the lice.

Big one inspect you child's hair on a regular basis and teach then never to share combs hats coats ect. Also remind them if you find it on the ground do not wear it! Same goes for cloths that get put in lost and found remind them do not wear it till I can get it washed and please put in a a tied plastic bag to bring home from school!

Long term effect of head or pubic lice is non. Only thing that could occur is you are a person who does not wash regular and the bites get infected!

Lice is a pain to get ride of but not a danger. *leaves room scratching furiously*

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Lice

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,