Ten-pound Hairball From Teen Girl's Stomach

Ten-pound Hairball Teen Girl' S Stomach - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Nov, 2007 - 6:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Nov, 2007 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Ten-pound Hairball From Teen Girl's Stomach

My goodness! When I read this, I almost vomit. I am glad the girl recovered of this problem. Imagine! 10 pounds of hair in your stomach!

Surgeons removed a massive 10-pound hairball from the stomach of an 18-year-old girl suffering from a psychological condition in which she ate her own hair, according to a report in this week's edition of the New England Journal of Medicine.

The teen went to her doctor after complaining of stomach pains and vomiting. She had also lost 40 pounds over a five-month period, according to a UPI report.

Click here for a picture (warning: graphic)

Doctors at Rush Medical Center in Chicago carried out a scan and were amazed to find the huge mass of hair blocking her entire stomach, according to NEJM.

The hairball measured 15 inches by 7 inches by 7 inches when it was removed.

Once the hairball was removed, the patient was discharged and given psychiatric help. A year later the teenager has gained 20 pounds and has stopped eating her hair, the journal said.

Sponsored Links:
24th Nov, 2007 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Stomach Girls Teen Hairball Ten-pound

My daughter always chews on the end of her hair when she is nervous. I don't know that she actually eats it but I went and read the article and saw the picture---EWWWW! I seriously grossed out thinking that was in someones stomach! I showed it to her and told her the story. She wrinkled her nose and I think (hopefully) made a decision to never chew on her hair again!

> TOPIC: Ten-pound Hairball From Teen Girl's Stomach

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,