Trent Lott

Trent Lott - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Nov, 2007 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Is Lott expressing what White America really feels?
  Yes, freedom of speech       0.00%
  Yes, its silent racism       66.67%
  No, he is said that on impulse       0.00%
  No, that is his own thoughts       33.33%
Total Votes: 3
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Segregation meant better times for USA? Are his thoughts are reflection of what White America feels?
Trent Lott Related Information to Trent Lott
18th Dec, 2002 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Trent Lott

Trent Lott

Do you think that Lott's racial statements (that the US was better off in the times of segregation) reflect the 'general' thoughts of most 'white' US citizens? Maybe Lott was just the only one forward enough to admit?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
18th Dec, 2002 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Lott Trent

Do you think that Lott's racial statements (that the US was better off in the times of segregation) reflect the 'general' thoughts of most 'white' US citizens? Maybe Lott was just the only one forward enough to admit?

No, I don't think so. Segregation and discrimination is a 'disease' going on worldwide even here in the tiny island of Trinidad.
To say that most white Americans feel that way it would be a very unfair statement to make, after all there is no way to find out that. I believe it's a minority who thinks that way. I remember having this psychology class in the first year of college. The teacher who was awesome made a psychological test for the whole class to prove that everyone of us has 'prejudices' some of us small, some of us big but EVERYONE of us have it. Some people do not like blacks other people do not like Hispanics and other people do not like fat persons. Think about it, when was the last time you thought or you said something like 'hmmm...she's a pretty girl FOR a black' or 'You see? that's how hispanics always behave' 'Did you see her size, she's huge' and so on....
Sometimes we don't even realize how hurtful we can sound and we don't realize that we are (as human beings) very segregationalists. We need to be courageous enough to admit that ALL of us have issues even though sometimes we keep it quiet, but it doesn't mean it do not exist.
What this American guy said it's terrible, he needs to be replaced and we need to understand that we are all children of God, no better than anybody else just because of our race, education or background.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Dec, 2002 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Trent Lott History & Civil Business Politics

Although I understand your point about all of us having prejudices, I do not agree that Lott's statement was acceptable, because in terms of everyone keeping 'quiet' about their segregationalist attitude as you say, then Lott should learn to SHUT UP! The old adage, "If you do not have anything good to say then do not say anything at all..." would apply to Lott. His position also warrants and even greater control over what he says at anytime...

Let's use the same 'fat people' example...

If you or I were to say, "Fat people tend to be lazy" then probably we would just get a few strange looks or probably some support. BUT if Lott or some other politician were to say that same statement - they would be grilled! Knowing that I cannot understand what Lott was thinking at all.

One thing more interesting than all of this is the aftermath - his hundereds of apologies - are they supposed to get him forgiven? I think not.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th Dec, 2002 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Lott Trent

I do not agree that Lott's statement was acceptable,

Who said it was acceptable? Not me.

Let's use the same 'fat people' example...
If you or I were to say, "Fat people tend to be lazy" then probably we would just get a few strange looks or probably some support. BUT if Lott or some other politician were to say that same statement - they would be grilled! Knowing that I cannot understand what Lott was thinking at all.

Exactly, that's my whole point. Hypocrisy. Because most of the people putted the finger on him and think 'oh how he dare to say this or that' when themselves inside are thinking the exactly same thing! It makes me sick. You understand what I mean?.
One thing more interesting than all of this is the aftermath - his hundreds of apologies - are they supposed to get him forgiven? I think not.

He's just a dumbie who knows his political career is ruin.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Dec, 2002 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Lott Trent

Well Lott had to do the do since he said 'dodo'.

QUOTE (From CNN)

Trent Lott to step down as Senate majority leader, CNN confirms

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2003 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Trent Lott
A Friend

Trent Lott

I remember when I first heard that Lott said that, at Senator Thurman's party, on the news.  Lott is a perfect example of how one person can make the many look bad.  Plus, it made alot of people in Mississippi mad too.  He even tried to make an apology that he didn't mean it the way it sounded.  But he should have never said the statement to begin with.  In the local newspapers it was said that Lott had two choices:  1)  step down willingly or 2) be (voted) forced out of his Senate seat and his position.  And of course he willing stepped down to save what little diginity he had left.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2007 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Trent Lott

Lott has announce that he will retire from the Senate by the end of the year. I wonder what he will move on to? I wonder if he is a member of the Klu klux Klan?

Trent Lott
Trent Lott (Hover)

26th Nov, 2007 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Trent Lott Politics Business Civil & History

The guy was not thinking about the ramifications of what he said. There are some thoughts that you may keep in mind but you don't let it hit your mouth at all.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trent Lott

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,