Are You Saved?

Are Saved - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 25th May, 2010 - 1:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Nov, 2007 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Are You Saved?

I am just wondering how many people in this place thinks they are saved?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2007 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Are You Saved?
A Friend

Saved Are

I was born and raised an evangelical christian. I am one of a handful of people I have found that deconverted due to their study of the bible. Was I saved? Yes, I had accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and admitted that I was a sinner. I was five when that first happened, but I had several re dedication moments in my life. However, when I wanted my life to have deeper meaning I poured into my bible line by line. And what happens when the logic and reason of the mind bring contradictions to the bible? What happens when the bible says two completely different things that no one can explain? What happens when the bible says things that god did that are morally abhorrent? Well, that would be me, a bona fide bible deconversion.

6th Dec, 2007 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Are You Saved? Revealed Bible The

Accepting Jesus is one thing, but have you picked up his cross? True men who are saved live like how the disciples lived.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2007 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Are You Saved?
A Friend

Saved Are

And how did the disciples live? We don't have any documentation on how they lived. You can portend what you think they were like from some letters. Paul perhaps, but people aren't always the way you think from a simple letter. In reality, we have exactly no idea what they were like. Heck, Peter denied christ when he was alive.

8th Dec, 2007 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Saved Are

I believe Jesus told us a lot about how we should live. You can follow Pauls words too plenty of good stuff there.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2008 - 11:24am / Post ID: #

Are You Saved?

Name: Helper

Comments: Are You Saved?..YES! How can I be sure? Bible says so, turn to EPHESIANS 2 VS.8 AND 9...FOR BY GRACE YE ARE SAVED THRU FAITH...AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES IT IS A GIFT OF GOD NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST....( BREAK DOWN ) For by "Grace", Grace is defined as undeserved Love, Ye are "SAVED" Saved means You need assistance, and are unable to help yourself. I.E. You are Drowning and can't stay afloat and will sink and drown. SAVED HOW? THROUGH "FAITH" Means Belief, Take note, Saved through "FAITH" And not "WORKS"..CONTINUE...And That Not Of Yourselves...It Is A "Gift"....(Break Down) It Is A "Gift"...Meaning, God Is Giving You Something For "Free" Otherwise It Wouldn't Be A Gift...So, Salvation Is A "Free Gift" From God Not Of Works Lest Any Man Should Boast...Means Salvation Cannot Be Earned Or Worked For It Comes By "Faith Alone" And We Must Accept It Or Reject It (This Free Gift) But As You And I Know, Something Free Is Not Really Free, The Cost Must Be Paid From Somewhere And That Cost Was Paid ( On The Cross By Jesus Christ ) So, You And I Are Assured That We Are Saved Because Salvation Came As A Free "Gift" From God...So Do We Do Good Works? For Sure! But Not For Salvation, But For The Glory Of God,.....Helper

Source1: BIBLE
Source2: EPHESIANS 2 vs. 8 and 9

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th May, 2010 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

Are Saved

Name: HJ

Comments: I think its a bit foolish to declare oneself "Saved". I mean how will you feel if you get to the other side and find out you really aren't "Saved". It would be safer to say that you "Hope to be saved one day".

> TOPIC: Are You Saved?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,