Thomas Carlyle Quotes

Thomas Carlyle Quotes - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Jan, 2014 - 11:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Thomas Carlyle One Line Quotes
Post Date: 21st Jan, 2014 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Thomas Carlyle Quotes

Thomas Carlyle Quotes

Consider the following quotes by Thomas Carlyle:

"Blessed is he who has found his work; let him ask no other blessedness."

"Enjoy things which are pleasant; that is not the evil: it is the reducing of our moral self to slavery by them that is."

"A well written life is almost as rare as a well spent one."

"All men, if they work not as in the great taskmaster's eye, will work wrong, and work unhappily for themselves and for you."

"The best effect of any book is that it excites the reader to self activity."

"The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none."

"Speech is human, silence is divine, yet also brutish and dead: therefore we must learn both arts."

"Popular opinion is the greatest lie in the world."

"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance but to do what lies clearly at hand."

"That there should one Man die ignorant who had capacity for Knowledge, this I call a tragedy."

"What we become depends on what we read after all of the professors have finished with us. The gr"

What are your thoughts about the quotes from Thomas Carlyle?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Tue Oct 22 20:37:33 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Thomas Carlyle Quotes

Add Comment
I think thomas carlyle quotes has to be expounded briskly so as to find thomas carlyle quotes understanding find out.

> TOPIC: Thomas Carlyle Quotes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,