Canada - Land Of Immigrants

Canada Land Immigrants - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Dec, 2007 - 4:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2007 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

One-fifth of Canadians immigrants

Canadian census data show that 20% of the population was born abroad, a proportion second only to Australia.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7128172.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2007 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Immigrants Land Canada

I knew Canada had a rapidly increasing Asian population but I wasn't aware they were up in all the others. I have to wonder how quickly their GDP is growing, because if their population expands too quickly their state funded programs will suffer.

5th Dec, 2007 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Canada - Land Of Immigrants History & Civil Business Politics

I am unsure about the population increasing to fast. The biggest problems we face is the lack of our existing citizens having enough children to sustain our elderly since the age of the baby boomers. If we do not be careful in Canada we will end up with a vast majority of our people being on the retired list, with no one working to support the social programs. The issue that is arising is that they peoples are focusing in the major metro areas causing an unbalance in our major cities.

I am not surprised though as many are not English speaking and do not come from areas where the winters are cold and severe. Many are used to highly populate living quarters also. I do not think many would be able to cope in the more isolated rural areas of this country. Suburbanites will always be one, as a country boy will always be one, no matter where you move them to.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Canada - Land Of Immigrants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,