Religion Gone Bad

Religion Bad - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 13th Dec, 2007 - 5:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Video - Thank God for DEAD Soldiers. What are your thoughts? Predators.
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2006 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Religion Gone Bad

Religion Gone Bad

What are your thoughts about the following:

Sponsored Links:
30th Apr, 2006 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Bad Religion

This video sent my head spinning. I have never been so mad and disappointed in humans in a long time. I don't even know where to start in reply to this video clip.

Let me start by saying that one of the great things about our country is the right to question the decisions of our lawmakers and government. It's our duty to question. By why execute that right at the funerals of dead soldiers. They did not make the decision to go to war. The grieving families did not make that decision. That was up to our commander-in-chief, George W. Bush. So question him. Write a letter. Protest near the White House. Protest at rallies that Bush will appear at. Protest on the steps of the Congress. It is cruel to have signs reading "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" just outside the church at a soldier's funeral. The families are hurting in ways that are unimaginable to most of us. They do not need any more pain. These families need our love, support and prayers to God to grant them peace and comfort in such a difficult time.

Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."

Supposedly this group is a Christian group. I do not know what form of love would allow you to disrespect the memory of someone who put their life on the line for our freedoms and inflict more pain on an already suffering family. Did this group skip this verse in the Bible.

After having read this verse, I cannot hate this group. I pray that God will open their eyes to the truth. I pray that God will touch their hearts and make them realize that the way they our preaching their message is not from love, but hate and that goes against was Jesus preached.

I hope everyone will pray for these grieving families, but also pray for this radical religious group as well.

Offtopic but,
I get chills when I look in the Bible for a verse. In the two times I've posted a Bible verse, I wasn't sure what verse to use or even what exactly I was looking for. I looked in the concordance for a keyword and I have never picked the first verse in the list. I have always picked somewhere in the middle. Amazingly, God has revealed a verse that spoke to me and gave me focus on the topic in the thread. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

30th Apr, 2006 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Religion Gone Bad Beliefs Religious General

As cwahsheh attested to earlier, I was absolutely horrified when I saw this clip. This is not a religious organization, this is a cult. They are no different than the Islamic Extremist groups that use Islam to terrorize other countries. I would really like to know what Scripture is telling her that God is pouring out his wrath on us right now. I was definitely appalled by that organization's behavior at a funeral; whether it be a soldier, a gay person, or a Saint, this is no way to behave at someone's funeral.

30th Apr, 2006 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Bad Religion

This takes to a deviant extreme the concept of "righteous anger." What happened to "comfort those who stand in need of comfort, mourn with those who mourn"?

It's interesting that her "church" is made up of 80% family members, and that there are fewer than 100 in the congregation.

Did you notice her reaction when asked if she sinned, or what was her sin? Complete denial. The expression on her face did not change through the entire interview; that waxy smile throughout.

It sickens me to know that there are people like this in the world, and I join with cwahsheh in praying that their eyes and hearts may be opened to the evil they are spreading.

1st May, 2006 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Bad Religion

That was so shameful! It was really disturbing to watch and see how any religion could send out messages like this, and claim that It had come from God was disgusting.Churches should be promoting God's love.
I feel that they were a loveless, racist, sick cult.

For the families who have just lost a member of their family, who has died fighting for the rights of his/her fellow citizens, the grief must be overwhelming without twisted people like this making the situation far worse.
Regardless of how the protesters felt, it shouldn't have been displayed at the funeral.They really need help and prayer to really know God's love.

13th Dec, 2007 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Religion Gone Bad

This kind of religious stupidity is what makes those trying to find truth look the other way. You can be anti-war, that is fine, but there is nothing godlike or Christlike about saying, "Thank God for Dead Soldiers".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Religion Gone Bad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,