Book Of Thomas

Book Thomas - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jan, 2010 - 8:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Jesus' relationship with women
18th Dec, 2007 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Book Of Thomas

Book of Thomas

Have any of you researched the Book of Thomas which recounts Jesus' relationship with women? By this I mean his interaction as a Teacher among women. I say this because in Judaism of the time such associations with single women who claimed discipleship was forbidden. There is actually one part where it said that Jesus kisses Mary (where is unknown, but it assumed it is on her mouth / cheek). What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2007 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Thomas Book

Is this the same text as found in https://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

THE GNOSTIC SOCIETY LIBRARY

The Nag Hammadi Library

The Gospel of Thomas

I am not familiar with these writings but am interested in the question posed. I did a search and am not sure if we are talking about the same thing. Is the text that you refer to online?

Thanks for your help.

19th Dec, 2007 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Book Of Thomas Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yes, a whole seperate religion has come about because of these words, but I do not want to go there. You will notice this:

QUOTE (From site linked above)
[Saying probably added to the original collection at a later date:]
114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

I was mentioning this in the 'Mormons & Nag Hammadi' Thread that the problem with these texts is they seem to be altered from the original intention or copied over with additions.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2008 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Book Of Thomas
A Friend

Thomas Book

Jesus Kissing a Woman?!?!? Inconceivable!
laugh.gif, just kidding, Yes, my wife and I have studied this topic and the mentioned books. An excellent one to read is the Gospel of Mary of Magdala. Very good. Goes deeper into the relationship between Christ and Mary as well as the jealousy of the men toward Mary.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2010 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Thomas Book

Name OldMan

Comments: The stories in the Infancy Book of Thomas are too far fetched to be believed. It actually portrays Jesus as having a little bit of a darker side. I do not believe it was an inspired work.

> TOPIC: Book Of Thomas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,