I-65 Teen Sniper Gets 42 Years In Prison

I-65 Teen Sniper 42 Years Prison - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Dec, 2008 - 10:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

31st Dec, 2008 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

I-65 Teen Sniper Gets 42 Years In Prison

Zachariah Blanton, a troubled teenager who confessed that he murdered a New Albany man with his rifle as he was firing at a pickup truck from a Jackson County overpass, has been given a sentence of 42 years in prison yesterday.

Zacharias" deed which took place on 23, 2006 was labeled as "an act of terrorism" by the judge. The 18-year-old shot and killed Jerry Ross, 40, and wounded an Iowa man in another vehicle along Interstate 65, Jackson Circuit Judge William Vance said. He shot the two from an overpass near Seymour, about 60 miles south of Indianapolis.

Rachel Davis, Ross' fiancee, held her plea for the maximum sentence from the witness stand and her message to Zachariah was very emotional.

"He can know that as long as he is living, he is hated. Zachariah should have done the whole world a favor and turned the gun on himself," she said. 

Patrica Blanton, grandmother to the teen killer, said that Zachariah had a very troubled youth. He suffered several childhood surgeries and was molested by an older child.

''He's a good kid,'' she insisted. ''He's got a good heart, a gentle heart.''

Nevertheless, Judge Vance said that a troubled youth can never be an excuse for killing someone who didn't hurt you.

Full article:
https://www.efluxmedia.com/news_I_65_Teen_S...ison_12321.html

I liked what the judge had to say. I wish there weren't any troubled youth but there always will be.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: I-65 Teen Sniper Gets 42 Years In Prison

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,