If There Were No Bible

If Bible - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 10th Jan, 2008 - 11:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2007 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

If There Were No Bible

If There Were No Bible

What do you think the world would be like If There Were No Bible?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2008 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Bible Were If

Name: Helper

Comments: What the world would be like without the Bible? My answer is UN-CIVILIZED and ( BARBARIC ) Yes, I know, What about all the Atrocities? in the Name of Christianity?..Remember, What the Bible says,(God says) and what Man does, is Two different things...The Bottom line?... I Firmly and Truly believe The Bible "Has Brought Civilization into the World"...And still continues to do so in third world countries....Helper

Source1: My own observation
Source2: History and Media

7th Jan, 2008 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

If There Were No Bible Revealed Bible The

With no bible would the world the world be a worse place? I am not convinced at all that organized Christianity or the Jewish population have done much better then say the Azetecs or the Dynasties that prevailed on earth long ago. Looking at the middle east issues I feel that area would have been better off with out the bible and its holy land.

8th Jan, 2008 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Bible Were If

I think that the world would be a very sad place without the Bible, and although people can argue that fighting would cease in many places, I disagree with that and think that blood shed would continue because of the greed of mankind, regardless of their religion or race.

8th Jan, 2008 - 9:42am / Post ID: #

Bible Were If

Interesting question actually.

I do think that the creation of the Bible has held the stories within it over the centuries and allows them to be retold much as they were back in the time that they were created. This is invaluable. I gives us a linkage back to that time that we would not be able to have...we can read the words of the appostles. It is a wonderful guide of how to live your life and not live your life. These are all good things...

However, one of the key concerns of the clergy about the publication of the Bible was that laymen were unable to handle the message within the book. We were not schooled enough to understand the power within it and would like misinterpret most of it. While I disagree with almost all of that, I do see that the creation of the Bible with the spread of literacy has decreased participation in church. Why do I have to go to church? I can follow the word of the Lord and not have to go to a organized house of worship. I mean, I have my Bible and can read it...so why do I have to go get someone to interpret it for me? I am not sure that this is good or bad...but since you can find a Bible in nearly any hotel around the world...why do you have to go to church?

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2008 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

If There Were No Bible

Name: Helper

Comments: Vincenzo, just like to comment on some of the things you said. Why do You need to go to church? Well You don't have to go to church if You don't want to, The Bible says this Do not forsake the Assembling of Yourselves (Hebrews:10vs.25) It's just encouraging going to church for the sake of strengthening the body of Christ (the church). Every time You go to church and someone sees You, it also encourages them to continue to come to church, Secondly, Interpretation of the Bible? Well, Yes, You May not need an inter peter to understand the Bible, But... I myself have nothing against an interpreter, for he might point out something I wasn't aware of. I personally want to make sure that I am understanding the Bible as accurately as possible for I know I can benefit a lot from a learned person. And I also know there are a lot of people who think they are interpreting the Bible correctly when they are so way off. I do recommend that You get yourself a Good study Bible and start from there and ask a lot of questions to people whom You think are trustworthy and knowledgeable, Then listen to pros and Cons on any particular subject then come to some conclusion on that matter. Hope this Helps

Source1: Bible Heb.10vs25

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: If There Were No Bible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,