Moses, Elijah, Translated Beings / Spirit World.. - Page 2 of 2

Dbackers said: QUOTE I do not see why a mortal, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2008 - 5:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2008 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Moses, Elijah, Translated Beings / Spirit World..
A Friend

Moses, Elijah, Translated Beings / Spirit World.. - Page 2

"You say 'quickened by the spirit"......They lose their bodies? then renew it again?"

Not really, translated beings are not mortal by any means, if they were they would have been subject to death as we are. When we are resurrected our bodies will be not have blood. Remember blood is what makes us mortal. Being quickened by the spirit simply means that our spirits is what makes us live. Same thing with translated being except they didn't taste of death, but will be changed come the resurrection. As far as I know there is no scriptural reference to this.

I believe that those who are translated are the only ones who can go inbetween the World of the Spirits and the our world. I'm sorry if I didn't clear things up.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2008 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

World Spirit Beings Translated Elijah Moses

Thank you for your comments, for it brought me to do more research.

3 Nephi 28:7-10
"Therefore, more blessed are ye, for ye shall never taste of death; but ye shall live to behold all the doings of the Father unto the children of men, even until all things shall be fulfilled according to the will of the Father, when I shall come in my glory with the powers of heaven.
  8 And ye shall never endure the pains of death; but when I shall come in my glory ye shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye from mortality to immortality; and then shall ye be blessed in the kingdom of my Father.
  9 And again, ye shall not have pain while ye shall dwell in the flesh, neither sorrow save it be for the sins of the world; and all this will I do because of the thing which ye have desired of me, for ye have desired that ye might bring the souls of men unto me, while the world shall stand.
  10 And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy; and ye shall sit down in the kingdom of my Father; yea, your joy shall be full, even as the Father hath given me fulness of joy; and ye shall be even as I am, and I am even as the Father; and the Father and I are one;"

Verse 8 states they come from mortality to immortality.

Joseph Fielding Smith

" If we would only think, we would realize that translated beings are still mortal and will have to pass through the experience of death, or the separation of the spirit and the body, although this will be instantaneous."
(Answers to Gospel Question, V2 Ch 41, pg 165)

Such a fascinating nature, truly indeed...

One day we'll truly know.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags here. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2008 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Moses, Elijah, Translated Beings / Spirit World.. Studies Doctrine Mormon

Many feel that the spirit world is just a dimension away from us. All indications are that it is about us. This is how they can watch us. Perhaps it is why animals sometimes see things that we don't. My great grandmother was said to have been born with a caul over her face which permitted her to see spirits.

On my mission, a GA, Robert (? His daughter was Miss America), said that the spirit world was "here, but how high, I don't know." My mission president laughed when he heard it and said it was a good answer.

Our world is the physical body of the spirit world. Why shouldn't they overlap? They do in the case of our own personal bodies.

If the spirit world is here, with us, then a translated being need go nowhere to be in the right place for being in the spirit world.

A friend once told me of her friend who was in the MTC when it was across the street from the Hotel Utah, now the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. When he received his patriarchal blessing, he was promised that he would see one of the three Nephites. They used to cross the street to eat. As his companion was sick, this elder went to eat by himself. As he crossed the street suddenly all became quiet. All the cars disappeared and all the people vanished. He was alone in downtown Salt Lake City. Just ahead, one man with white hair, beard and piercing blue eyes walked up to him, extended his hand, saying, "I am one of the three Nephites, that you were promised to see." They shook hands, then suddenly he was gone, and all was back as before, honking cars, etc.

So, it seems that translated beings can exist in more than one reality.

21st Mar, 2008 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 World Spirit Beings Translated Elijah Moses

OneTrueSteve:

If the spirit world is here, with us, then a translated being need go nowhere to be in the right place for being in the spirit world.

This is true. Sometimes when people think about the spirit world they think of some sort of far away place but is right here, there is obvious reasons why we cannot see them and I am not completely sure whether they can see us "constantly". Having said that, as you mentioned translated beings need go nowhere but right here.

Rather off topic, but...
The story of your friend may be real (I have no reason to believe otherwise because I don't know the person) but it sounds like one of those urban legends/uplifting stories we pass around in Church.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2008 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

World Spirit Beings Translated Elijah Moses

LDS_Forever said:

Rather off topic, but...
The story of your friend may be real (I have no reason to believe otherwise because I don't know the person) but it sounds like one of those urban legends/uplifting stories we pass around in Church.

Yeah, I know. I can only say that I trust her, and she said it happened to her friend.

I agree that they can't always see us. Especially the righteous in paradise. They are too busy to sit around watching.

21st Mar, 2008 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

I am under the impression that Translated beings are in fact mortal in the strictest sense of the word(someday subject to death).

I repeat the words of Joseph Fielding Smith

translated beings are still mortal

Therefore I do not see why a mortal, translated or not, could not enter the spirit world, if the Lord chose to do this. It is not the place where the Father resides so there is no restriction based on the injuction "flesh and blood cannot inherit my Kingdom" as the spirit world is not the place of His Kingdom.

Spirit World matter is not unlike our own, but more refined (paraphrasing Joseph Smith) thus under the direction of God anyone could go back and forth between the spirit world and our own.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2008 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Moses Elijah Translated Beings / Spirit World.. - Page 2

Dbackers said:

I do not see why a mortal, translated or not, could not enter the spirit world, if the Lord chose to do this.

I really don't have a problem with your logic. Translated beings are still mortal. I'm just racking my brain for an account of a mortal entering the spirit world. Paul said he knew "a man who entered the seventh heaven, whether in the body or out of the body, I cannot tell." That is, however, heaven. According to the apocryphal book the Ascension of Isaiah, the spirit world is the lowest of the heavens through which Isaiah ascended physically one-by-one. Sarah Menet, in her visit in spirit to the spirit world, she saw Christ there, obviously with a body.

Once again, what do we mean by "enter the spirit world?" Since it is "here," all around us, maybe we don't need to "enter it," we just need to perceive it. If by "enter the spirit world" you mean to make it your primary awareness, then, since I know of no instances of this happening, I can only say that I don't see why not. It is definitely true that it can happen "if the Lord chose to do this."

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Moses, Elijah, Translated Beings / Spirit World..

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,