His Own Coat from His Back

His Coat Back - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th Jan, 2009 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormon History
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2009 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormon History Related

"The Prophet Joseph was truly blessed with the ability to inspire faith. One bright morning Joseph walked up to John E. Page and said, 'Brother John, the Lord is calling you on a mission to Canada.'"John E. Page was rather astonished and said, 'Why, Brother Joseph, I can't go on a mission to Canada. I don't even have a coat to wear.'"The Prophet Joseph took his own coat from his back, handed it to John Page, and said, 'Here, John, wear this, and the Lord will bless you.' Brother Page took the coat, went to Canada, and in two years walked five thousand miles and baptized six hundred souls, because he trusted in the words of a prophet of God. (See The Historical Record, vol. 5, no. 5 [May 1886], p. 57.)"On another occasion Joseph was speaking to a group of brethren at Nauvoo on the importance of missionary work, and at the conclusion of his message he had so touched the congregation that 380 elders in the congregation volunteered to immediately embark on missions. (See History of the Church, 5:139.) . . ."Joseph Smith not only inspired men to volunteer for missions, he not only took his own coat and handed it to John Page as he went on his mission, but he also taught the importance of missionary work?by example."

Thomas S. Monson, "The Prophet Joseph Smith: Teacher by Example," Ensign, June 1994, 5-6

Topics: Proclaim the Gospel, Joseph Smith

Source: Church History Gems

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Wed Jul 3 14:56:24 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Add Comment
You know I was thinking his own coat from his back is interesting swiftly to know hopefully get and maybe get a better idea.

> TOPIC: His Own Coat from His Back

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,