Stray Dog Saves Abandoned Baby

Stray Dog Saves Abandoned Baby - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th Oct, 2007 - 7:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

9th May, 2005 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Stray Dog Saves Abandoned Baby

This was a very heart-warming story that I had to share with my community family. From Associated Press news:

https://apnews.myway.com/article/20050509/D89VN2HO0.html

Stray Dog in Kenya Saves Abandoned Baby

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) - A stray dog saved the life of a newborn baby after finding the abandoned infant in a forest and apparently carrying it across a busy road and through some barbed wire to her litter of puppies, witnesses said.

The stray dog found the infant, clad in tattered clothing, in a poor neighborhood near the Ngong Forests in the capital of Nairobi, Stephen Thoya told the independent Daily Nation newspaper.

The dog apparently found the baby Friday in the plastic bag in which the infant had been abandoned, said Aggrey Mwalimu, owner of the shed where the animal was guarding its puppies. The seven-pound, four-ounce infant was taken to the hospital for treatment on Saturday.

I almost cried when I read about this. On the website there is a picture of the dog, and it pained me to know that this dog does not even have an owner. I found myself wondering more about where the dog was going to end up than the baby. I am very glad though that the baby will be ok. Another case where dogs are proving themselves to be one of the smartest animals on the planet.

Sponsored Links:
10th May, 2005 - 7:25am / Post ID: #

Baby Abandoned Saves Dog Stray

That's just the sweetest story! A new "mom" herself, it seems, the dog couldn't just let the little baby lay there, and took her "home" to her own puppies. I do hope the dog is well cared for, and her litter, as the baby seems to be in good hands.

Thanks for sharing that, malexander smile.gif
Roz

10th May, 2005 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

Stray Dog Saves Abandoned Baby UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

This really is a heartwarming story. In many parts of the world people are so concerned about their own survival that having a pet isn't even a consideration. This is likely to be true for many in Kenya. I hope someone appreciates what this dog did enough to add it to their family.

14th Oct, 2007 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Baby Abandoned Saves Dog Stray

This is a lovely story, and so fortunate that the dog found the baby.

I can understand why this baby was left as this was in a poverty stricken area (not that I agree with it), but there's a saying in England - "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" meaning until you've been in that situation you shouldn't knock somebody for their actions as it could happen to any of us.

What I don't understand, is why so many babies in flourishing countries get dumped, when there are so many other options available these days including massive waiting lists of adoptees.

Something similar to this happened around 3 weeks ago in the Uk in Liverpool, and the baby was just thrown in somebodys garden in a garbage bag, it was just fortunate that the baby was heard crying by 2 men walking past, and the baby got saved, if they hadn't passed by when the did, I would hate to think of the consequences of what would have happened if they hadn't.

> TOPIC: Stray Dog Saves Abandoned Baby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,