Contact Lenses Freeze

Contact Lenses Freeze - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Jan, 2008 - 12:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th May, 2007 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Contact Lenses Freeze

Contact Lenses Freeze

Can your Contact Lenses Freeze in very cold weather?

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2007 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Freeze Lenses Contact

I have worn contacts in very cold weather and nothing unusual happened because you have to consider that the tears of your eyes are warm and the salt content also keeps them from freezing. What may get you is wind chill though - it dries your eyes and thus your contacts too.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2007 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Contact Lenses Freeze
A Friend

Contact Lenses Freeze Health & Special Psychology

I agree with JB. The salt content will keep the Contact Lenses from freezing. The thing you should really watch out for is rain. If you get a water droplet in your eye, the droplet may cause the contact lens to move around. I have had an experience with this when a rain drop hit my eye and my contact lens fell out and I could not see the rest of the day through my left eye.

Reconcile Edited: Touchstone on 9th Aug, 2007 - 9:16pm

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2008 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Freeze Lenses Contact

Name: Alex

Comments: Yes, yes they can. Just shut your eyes for like a second and it's OK, but if it is cold enough and windy enough, yes they will begin to freeze, but they are so thin, your eye lid will take care of it really fast. I'm talking conditions of wind chill in the minus 30s or colder.

Source1: Personal experience

15th Jan, 2008 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Freeze Lenses Contact

You better ensure you have a ski goggles on or you will have it real bad (dry / frozen contacts) from the wind chill while skiing down a mountain.

> TOPIC: Contact Lenses Freeze

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,