If God's Standard Is Perfection?

If God' S Standard Perfection - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 12th Jan, 2008 - 1:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2008 - 5:32am / Post ID: #

Why are there so many commandments in the Bible if there is no way for us to be perfect at keeping them?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2008 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Perfection Standard Gods If

Because we need a guide in our lives, a way for which we work towards that perfection you are speaking about. We may not be able to reach that perfection in this life, but I believe it is possible to keep them to the very best of your ability.

2nd Jan, 2008 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

If God's Standard Is Perfection? Revealed Bible The

Adding to the thoughts of LDS, I think, most people have a common belief that we will be judged.

It has been my thought that if we didn't have commandments, one-we would be left to the natural man/woman vs. the spirit within, the world offers many "paths" and so I think we definitely have to have some for our spiritual side.

As LDS mentioned, the commandments offer that path. Within the first two it will teach someone to love all--definitely NOT what the world is promoting--more like, selfishness and watch out for number 1!

I cannot even imagine the world without the commandments (or law-which seem to be based on similar ideas)--we would be in an even bigger mess!

3rd Jan, 2008 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

I whole heartily agree God knows we are imperfect and live in a world of flesh, and as such we are prone to mistakes in our choices. The important part is he forgives a truly repent full heart and allows us to continue our path. After all once we are baptized is the promise we make not to try and walk more each day in the ways of our lord? So we all go just one step at a time I have often pondered who pleases God more one who walks down the path never making a mistake but with no passion, or one who walks very passionately but missteps every so often only to come back again.

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2008 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Name: Helper

Comments: Hi, Hmmm, Gods standard is perfection? No! Why? because we are born Sinners thru Adam. The Bible says, Thru Adams (DNA)(My own input, just to make thing clear) we are all Made sinners so we cannot ever be perfect. Expectation? Bible says to Deny self and follow the Cross. To Perfection? Not Possible for the above reason. Should we try? Yes, do our best. Are we going to have failures? Yes for sure. Are we ever to attain perfection? Again, "Not possible" for the above reason. How then are we to Get to Heaven? Not by Works (perfection) but by "Faith Alone"...In who? JESUS CHRIST WHO HUNG ON THE CROSS. For "US" and our "Imperfections"...."WE" Including ME.. cannot "EVER GET" To Heaven YOU must be "SAVED" TO HEAVEN....Bible says For by Grace You are "SAVED" How? thru "Faith" and not that of Yourselves...So You see, Only when "WE" realize that "WE" MUST BE "SAVED" How? THRU "FAITH ALONE" YES! THRU "FAITH ALONE".... In what? or Whom?...In "JESUS" and what "HE DID FOR US", Then and "ONLY"Then, GOD WILL ACCEPT "US" AS PERFECTION,( by Proxy)....FOR THEN WE WILL "REALIZE" THAT GODS PLAN FOR US TO ENTER HEAVEN IS THAT WE MUST BE "SAVED" And Made Acceptable to GOD BY PROXY THANKS TO JESUS CHRIST...."BECAUSE WE ARE SINNERS".....See (JOHN 3:16 ) I hope this helps clear things up..The HELPER.

Source1: THE BIBLE
Source2: JOHN 3:16 AND EHPHESIANS 2: 8 AND 9

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2008 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Name: Philip

Comments: It is possible to obey God. There are only 2 commandments, love God above all else, and love your neighbor as you love yourself. All the other commandments are summed up in these two.

God makes it possible to obey even just these two by offering us repentance, (the opportunity to change, from liar to truth teller for instance), baptism, to wash away our old sins and to be born again, and the gift of the Holy Ghost for strength and comfort, the ability to contact God.

God also provides teachers, prophets, and apostles for your continuing walk with Christ.

Source1: Bible, Act 2;38, among other scriptures.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: If God's Standard Is Perfection?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,