Living With Hiv

Living Hiv - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Apr, 2008 - 2:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2007 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Living With Hiv
A Friend

Living With Hiv

Hi, I am new here. I would really appreciate if you could share your thought and maybe give me some advice on this. I joined the Church 7 years ago and stayed faithful since then. Now I am 23. A month ago I was diagnosed with HIV (before I joined the church I did drugs, that is the only way I could get infected).
I haven't told anyone yet, I am really embarrassed to tell my bishop, and I can't really tell my parents (they will take it really hard, plus they aren't members of the Church).
My goal in this life was to have a family, raise kids and so on.. And now I understand that this will never happen. I don't know what it is I will be living for for the next 10 years (doctors say that's about how long I have left).

well, I guess my questions are
1- what should I live for in this world
2- If you die worthy and single what king of a person will I be sealed to? Will I have feeling for him? How does it work? Are there anything from the bretheren about that?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Nov, 2007 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Hiv Living

Hi bluechrystal. First of all, let me say I am so sorry for what you are going through and I hope you stay strong, holding to the iron rod to look for that comfort that you need at this time. I would like to comment in some of your statements/questions:

I haven't told anyone yet, I am really embarrassed to tell my bishop, and I can't really tell my parents (they will take it really hard, plus they aren't members of the Church).

I can just imagine what you are experiencing but I would like to tell you that even though you may be embarrassed to tell your bishop about your illness, he is there to help you, comfort you, uplift you at this time of need. He is not there to judge you in any way but help you to go through this hard time in your life. Your parents also need to know, it would be devastating for them to know you haven't told them about it and I am sure they will be there for you. I am not saying is an easy decision, but I think you need all the love and support you can possible can and you should prayerfully consider letting them know about it soon.

My goal in this life was to have a family, raise kids and so on.. And now I understand that this will never happen. I don't know what it is I will be living for for the next 10 years (doctors say that's about how long I have left).

The medical field is doing tremendous work with regards to HIV, do not put yourself a "time limit" based on what the doctor told you. I have seen miracles with this disease. Just live (like the rest of us do) one day at that time and pray, pray, pray to the Lord for strength.

1- what should I live for in this world

You should live because life is a gift and it was given unto you by Heavenly Father, he considers it sacred and even though you may only see darkness at this present time, you need to see the "bigger picture", the eternal perspective of things knowing that according to your faithfulness the Lord will grant you a reward in the next life. We all have to go through that regardless of any illnesses. Be a fighter, don't give up. The Lord is there for you, let him be with you.

2- If you die worthy and single what king of a person will I be sealed to? Will I have feeling for him? How does it work? Are there anything from the bretheren about that?

We have a couple of threads that deal with this issue, you should make a search. We do not know much about how the sealing process takes place in the next life but we do know is that the Lord through his Prophets have said that every person will have an equal chance to have an Eternal Companion if they did not have a chance here on Earth. I do not think we can rationalize or think about it much with our human emotions now, but I have no doubts in my mind that everyone will have a chance.

Hope it helps, may the Lord bless you!
LDS

23rd Nov, 2007 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Living With Hiv Studies Doctrine Mormon

You are just a carrier with HIV as supposed to AIDS where you get symptoms, is that what you are saying? If so, why do you have to tell your Bishop? Nothing in the Church requires you to tell people you are HIV positive unless you are seeking marriage and need to let your future spouse know, but that should be done whether you are in or out of the Church. You have LOTS to live for!

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2008 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Hiv Living

Name: Habakuktwo

Comments: Have you tried Essiac tea? Some have reported great success with cancer & HIV by drinking this stuff. Even if you don't have those things, it supports the liver, pancreas & kidneys a great deal, which are the building blocks of good health. Give it a try.

> TOPIC: Living With Hiv

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,