Td Background

Td Background - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Jan, 2008 - 5:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

HTML - Background images do not show in table cell
27th Jan, 2008 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Td Background

TD Background

HTML - Background images do not show in table cell when viewing in IE. The reason I understand is that the lower elements are depreciated and only the code below will work for IE (did I mention I hate IE, but have to do this for all the users out there that still insist on having it on their machine).

Use this:

CODE

NOT this:

CODE

Sponsored Links:
27th Jan, 2008 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Background Td

Thank you JB, that is very useful. I guess I have never attempted to use an image as a background in a table. I just attempted it also on a page that I have been working on just to see what would happen and I confirm it just simply doesn't show up at all in IE. I did not notice however if it effected anything on the table. I do not believe that it did.

27th Jan, 2008 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Td Background Gaming Video & Issues Computer

It seems to happen at random. I do not use IE much and by chance opened it up for https://www.InternationalDiscussions.com and noticed the head banner was missing and I was surprised. I immediately checked it on FireFox and all was okay, checked the image itself and that was okay too... so after research I came up with that code. Funny thing is that I have other images in TD that do show in IE, I believe that the problem is when you call it from "https://..." rather than within the source folder like "background='image.jpg'". Now I have to keep checking IE more often every time I make a change rolleyes.gif.

27th Jan, 2008 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Background Td

As you are checking, I wonder if their are any updates or snap-ins that might inable this to function properly with IE. I may see if I can do some reaserch along that effect and see what I might find.

27th Jan, 2008 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Background Td

Only thing that works is what I provided in the code above or image in same directory.

> TOPIC: Td Background

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,