Judging A Book By Its Cover?

Judging Book Cover - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Nov, 2005 - 3:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2004 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Does anyone here judge people by their appeareances a lot?

I do sometimes, especially when they are sluttyish dressed, I automatically think lower of them and I sort become snobbyish I've noticed. And for me, first impressions are everything, if I dont like you when I meet you I probably wont like you full stop.

Am I only one that judges?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2004 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cover Its Book Judging

No I don't think that you are the only one that judges people by their appearances. I know I have done this a time or two. But appearances aren't everything and unfortunately, I have noticed many who judge on appearances more than they would take the time to get to know someone better. Because many times, the person is so much more inside.

9th Jan, 2004 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Judging A Book By Its Cover? Health & Special Psychology

I think everyone judges based upon appearance. This in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing. We all must make judgments based upon our first impression of something. However, I think, it is wrong to take that first impression and refuse to allow it a chance to be changed or revised as we get to know the person better. Often first impressions are wrong. If we chose to only live by our first impressions, we are missing out on a lot of good in our lives.

Movies and books are like this too. I have seen movies that I didn't think I would enjoy based upon the title or a preview. I went because this was the movie my friends really wanted to see and so I agreed to go. And, then amazingly, I really enjoyed the movie.

So, I think we all judge and I think it is a necessary part of life, but we need to be careful about how we judge and what we do with our judgments, in my opinion, of course.

10th Jan, 2004 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Cover Its Book Judging

Most people judge others based on look. I hate it but I find myself doing it too. Although I find myself judging people based on 'attitute' if they don't smile or smile too much and body movement.

13th Feb, 2005 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Cover Its Book Judging

I think everyone judges based upon appearance. This in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing. We all must make judgments based upon our first impression of something. However, I think, it is wrong to take that first impression and refuse to allow it a chance to be changed or revised as we get to know the person better.

Well said. I think it is very dfficult to not have a constant impression of someone, if it's after the first sight of them, or two years. But those impressions can always be wrong, and it is important to be flexible with them.

13th Feb, 2005 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Yes, can be wrong sometimes but I think that when someone has a impression of another person and does not that change that impression for years, it is maybe because the other person has not make any significant changes on patters and behaviour for the first person to make a change of opinion about it (I do not think the second person is bound to make a change of any kind) all I am saying that it may be the reason for a person to hold an opinion about another individual for such long period of time.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 13th Feb, 2005 - 9:51pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2005 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Judging Book Its Cover

Everybody is guilty of judging people by their appearance, except blind people probably. We have a blind lady in our church, and she is absolutely awesome. She loves everybody regardless. I wish we all could spend just one day without our sight. I bet we would see clearer than we ever had.

I do find myself having mental images in my head of a stereotype, but working with the children I do, I find it somewhat easy, most of the time, not to let that first judgement become an outward expression. I don't agree with judging anybody before knowing them, though I am guilty of it just like the next person, but I do believe there is a difference between having those thoughts inside your head and glorifying or condemning somebody outwardly because of it.

When I'm sitting in my car by myself at night with my windows down, the blessings of not having air conditioning, and a rather creepy looking man walks two feet from my car, I feel my body tense up. That's a reaction I have from all these women and girls disapearing and being found dead. They could be harmless, and I know that, but it still makes me uncomfortable to be around them, or any man I don't know for that matter, by myself at night.

11th Nov, 2005 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Judging Book Its Cover Psychology Special & Health

No, I do it all the time and(in my opinion) everybody does.. now I would change it, but I am just right so often..

now, I am just being honest here.. most of the time first impressions are right....(or reasonably so) people need something to base their first impression on.. appearance is the first thing that people notice in most cases, however I believe that I am willing enough to allow a change in my perceptions of people, if I come to the conclusion that I might be wrong.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Judging A Book By Its Cover?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,