Staring At The Disabled

Staring Disabled - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Feb, 2008 - 9:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th Feb, 2008 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Staring At The Disabled

Staring at the Disabled

I do not understand staring period, but to stare at the Disabled is particularly disrespectful. Are you the victim of this? How do you cope?

Sponsored Links:
7th Feb, 2008 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Disabled The Staring

This happens more than you might think. I don't know whether it's because people are ignorant, or whether it be out of pity or the fact that they are fascinated because they're not used to seeing the disabled.
Whatever the reason, it can be very hurtful and distressing to the person and their family.
When I take the little boy out that I am a nanny to, we get this a lot, because it is obvious that he is 'different' than other children.
Either way though, it's not nice, and I wish that people would give the disabled a bit more respect by not staring at them and making them feel uncomfortable.

8th Feb, 2008 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Staring At The Disabled Health & Special Psychology

I have to admit that sometimes I've looked a little bit longer than maybe I should have but only because it was different and I was trying to understand.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2008 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Staring At The Disabled
A Friend

Disabled The Staring

Being somewhat disabled myself I can understand that one does not want the added attention that many give a disabled body. However I will try to assist a more disabled person if I see them having some difficulty. But I do ask them if it is alright if I assist them for a short period of time. I know that I am grateful to have some assistance at times but do not need it all the time. I have looked at some maybe a little long but it was not out of disrespect.

8th Feb, 2008 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Disabled The Staring

Wow, cool of you to share that. Is it like too personal to ask what your disablity is?

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2008 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Staring At The Disabled
A Friend

Staring At The Disabled

I am a disabled vet. I lose feelings in my arms at times, really bites when I am driving, and can not hold on to anything. And if I get too much exercise people stop and ask me if I am alright or should they call me a ambulance

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Feb, 2008 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Staring The Disabled

(Salutes) Hey man, did that happen while serving?

All of us stare at some point and I think we just do not realize how much we do it, no harm meant.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2008 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Staring At The Disabled
A Friend

Staring The Disabled Psychology Special & Health

Yes it happened while I was in desert storm/shield. I was over there breathing in all those oil well fire smoke not to mention the fall out from the scuds, the ammo factories and the chemical factories we blew up.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Staring At The Disabled

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,