Blattodephobia

Blattodephobia - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 18th Jul, 2009 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Phobia of Roaches
8th Feb, 2008 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia

I HATE roaches, I am afraid of them...I just feel extremely nervous when I see one and start scratching all over my body and takes me a very long time to relax. If I see a roach at night, it is the worst! I go literally nuts and start feeling very cold and my heart starts beating very fast and I am all jumpy. sad.gif

Any help in how to deal with this phobia is appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Mar, 2008 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia

Name: Peter

Comments: I'm 21 yo man and I have probably very similar or exactly the same thing.I haven't seen a cockroach for like 2 years in my flat, but about 1 hour ago I saw a pretty big one in my kitchen and I still cant act normally. I'm turning around and looking for it to come here by the floor so I can kill him rather easily and get some relax.. but this probably won't happen because kitchen isn't that near my room, so I don't know how will I survive this night sad.gif

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2008 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia Health & Special Psychology

Name: Plus

Comments: Nobody likes cockroaches, if you want to get over your fear of them, try watching movies or cartoons where cockroaches aren't vilified. Also you could try talking to an entomologist about them, the worst thing you could do is nothing.

12th Nov, 2008 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia

Very true if you educated your self about roaches and what they are and do you might find some redeeming aspects about them.

I think their least deeming traits is they are so fast! Hard to squish them.

Did you know that if you see cockroach in the day it is because you have a large infestation. The eat 4 hours a night after lights out.

Here is a fun thing for you and Filipe to do you can do a cockroach count down.

On a chart write the days of the week and you can record each day your killing record of cockroaches. Make a cheap trap by using a steep sided dish Vaseline the inside of the dish just under the inner lip down to the bottom. Not sure if baby oil would work but likely. In the bottom of the dish/jar place some food scraps. Each morning you can track how many you trapped before sending them voyage in the toilet. Neat way to get Felipe interested in graphing I hope. On a second graph record the number of roaches seen that day or how many days between sightings.

Sorry just hoping to add to your math/science class a Filipe fun activity.

I bet you soon do not ever see alive roach again. Why because you have killed the population low enough that they only come out at night.

You can use boric acid as well in corners and such places were the little one do not reach. It dehydrates the roach by cutting up its insides. Diamond dust works well and is more permanent as the acid washes away when cleaning.

Some fun facts on roaches.

Cockroaches kill bedbugs!

The top speed for an American roach is 2 miles per hour. If they were the size of a lion that would me an 50 miles per hour.

They sleep 75% of the time.

They can survive radiation bombardment as they only divide the cells once ever few days/weeks.

One bad fact as I think it is good know know I did not till today.

The excrement and body casing from molting are a major allergenic in dust and a cause of asthma. So keeping the population down is a good idea.

I am hoping buy knowing them a bit better you feel more in control of them thus reducing anxiety. Why do you feel so uneasy about them? Might be a good thing to know and work on. Which I could do better for you on this one.

12th Nov, 2008 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia

Thanks for the suggestions Krakyn, I never see roaches during the day (thank goodness!) The day I made that post was very upset because I hadn't seen one in ages! No more roaches since then!

12th Nov, 2008 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia

Then that is a good thing! You have them under control I am not surprised as you are diligent in most thing in your life.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Dec, 2008 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia

I can only sypathise.

I have a phobia against moths. They are yucky.

Funny thing, in the family of lepedoptera, I have no squirmishness about butterflies, but I really freak out when a moth gets near me.

I should talk to my psychiatrist about this.

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2009 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Blattodephobia Psychology Special & Health

Name: Jessa

Comments: I'm really scared when the roaches flies... I really freak out.. Totally Freak OUT! Any tips on how to reduce my reaction?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Blattodephobia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,