Fitting Philosophy Into My Memoirs

Fitting Philosophy Memoirs - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 10th Feb, 2008 - 1:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2008 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

In my poetic opus, my epic, my memoirs, Pioneering Over Four Epochs, I like to think, that with Whitman, the reader can sense a merging of reader and writer. But I like to think, too, that readers can also sense in my epic a political philosophy, a sociology, a psychology, a global citizen--something we have all become. There is in my poetry a public and a private man reacting to the burgeoning planetization of humankind, the knowledge explosion and the tempest that has been history's experience, at least as far back as the 1840s, if not the days of Shaykh Ahmad after he left his homeland in the decade before those halcyon, if bloody, years of the French Revolution.

There is a narrative imagination, too, that is at the base of this epic poetry. As far as possible I have tried to make this narrative honest, true, accurate, realistic, informed, intelligible, knowledgeable, part of a new collective story, a new shared reality, part of the axis of the oneness of humanity that is part of the central ethos of the Baha"I community. As I develop my story through the grid of narrative and poetry, of letters and essays, of notebooks and photographs, I tell my story the way I see it, through my own eyes and my own knowledge, as Baha"u"llah exhorted me in Hidden Words, but with the help of many others. I leave behind me traces, things in your present, dear reader, which stand for now absent things, things from the past, from a turning point in history, one of history's great climacterics. The phenomenon of the trace is clearly akin to the inscription of lived time, my time and that of my generation, upon astronomical time from which calendar time comes. History is "knowledge by traces", as F. Simiand puts it. And so,I bequeath traces: mine,those of many others I have known, those of a particular time in history. One might say that this is a type of philosophical base to my memoirs.-Ron Price, Tasmania cool.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Tue Sep 24 10:23:29 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Add Comment
Can someone tell me more about fitting philosophy into my memoirs is interesting fast so there can be or move ahead with discussion.

> TOPIC: Fitting Philosophy Into My Memoirs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,