Michigan Robber Asks For, Gets Lengthy Sentence

Michigan Robber Asks For Lengthy Sentence - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Feb, 2008 - 4:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th Feb, 2008 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Wow, he must really have faith in the prison system to hope to rehabilitate behind bars. If his intentions are true, I hope he does.

ADRIAN, Mich. -  Ask and you shall receive in Lenawee County Circuit Court.

A man who pleaded guilty to unarmed robbery faced no more than a year in the county jail but asked to be sent to prison instead to help his chances of rehabilitation.

Michael Thomas Isaacson got what he wanted on Thursday when a judge sentenced him to 17 months to 15 years in state prison, with a recommendation for a psychological evaluation and counseling.

Isaacson told Judge Timothy P. Pickard he believes programs available in state prisons will help him "get back on my feet," while a year in the county jail would leave his situation the same as when he was arrested.

Isaacson was caught minutes after robbing a movie theater employee, who was carrying a bank deposit bag. Isaacson said he had no gun during the robbery.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2008 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sentence Lengthy For Asks Robber Michigan

Sounds like a person who was down on his luck and is using the court and prison system as a free ride to an education because he could not afford to figure out a way to do it honestly. Not sure I agree with the judge on this corse of action but I guess it is better than him sitting in jail for a year and doing it again. I guess I have mixed feelings about this.

> TOPIC: Michigan Robber Asks For, Gets Lengthy Sentence

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,