Intoxicated Man Sits On Newborn Killing Him

Intoxicated Man Sits Newborn Killing Him - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Feb, 2008 - 1:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th Feb, 2008 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Intoxicated Man Sits On Newborn Killing Him

How come a guy like this is allowed to have custody of children? This is absolutely devastating. Poor little baby. cry.gif

A northern Kentucky man has been charged with reckless homicide in the death of his 2-month-old grandson.

David Cull, 50, of Campbellsburg was arrested on Thursday following the death of his grandson, Xavien Cull.

A preliminary investigation by state police determined the infant was killed when David Cull sat on a chair, crushing the baby who was on it.

"The infant had been placed somehow in a soft cushion chair, and the suspect allegedly, in an apparent intoxicated state, sat down in the chair where the infant was laying and passed out in the chair," Detective Steve Goodale of Kentucky State Police told WLKY.com.

Investigators said it's unclear how long Cull stayed on the infant, who was deceased when police arrived. Autopsy results are pending.

Police are also awaiting results of a toxicology report on David Cull. Investigators said he may have been intoxicated on prescription medication at the time.

"His lips were purple, and he had four purple stripes down the side of his face," Xavien's grandmother, Donna Marie Cull, told WLKY.com. "I blew in his face and he wouldn't breathe. His hands were clenched, and he was cold."

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
20th Feb, 2008 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Him Killing Newborn Sits Man Intoxicated

This idiot gives a whole new meaning to "Don't drink and drive" or as most will say, "Can't hold your liquor, don't no where you'll end up tonight". For this goof the answer is jail.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

20th Feb, 2008 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Intoxicated Man Sits On Newborn Killing Him History & Civil Business Politics

Well, the first punishment is going to be sobriety and hearing that he killed his grandson by sitting on him while wasted. Unless he is not human at all, that is going to be a strong slap to the face. Pretty sure there isn't going to be an appology big enough to explain this to his daughter or son. The lifelong guilt is going to be a pretty good punishment in this case. Drunks don't mind hurting themselves, but having killed a small child...that is going to hit pretty hard.

I would expect that the grandparents are going to lose custody of the other child as a result of this as they should. Makes me wonder where the mother or father is and what they are actually doing that prevents them from taking care of the children.

I seriously doubt that he will go to jail for the manslaughter that occurred. He will get probation for several years. He might have to have a breathalizer to start his car and such. If the case goes too far, the people that weren't intoxicated are going to be questioned as to why they didnt make sure the child was clear of the drunk grandfather and no one is going to want it to go that far (this could just be the grandmother). I mean to sit on a child and passout without even noticing, the guy had to be obliterated and it would have been obvious to the most casual observer.

Now in my opinion, the guy should be forced to dig the child's grave and bury the child. He should be forced to speak at the wake or whatever service there is...his speech approved by the judge. Both he and grandma shouldn't have custody of the other child. Grandpa should have one of those breathalizers that allows him to start his car. He should be required to submit to rehab or go to jail for 90 days at minimum. Finally, he should provide community service as a free taxi for drunks on Fridays and Saturday nights for some period of time. If he fails his breathalizer test in the car, off to jail he goes.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

20th Feb, 2008 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

Now in my opinion, the guy should be forced to dig the child's grave and bury the child. He should be forced to speak at the wake or whatever service there is...his speech approved by the judge.

I would say that is good for starters, and if he ever touched a drink again cut his hands off so he can't hold the bottle again. My other question - who was taking 'care' of this newborn that should not be left unattended? Let them go dig the grave with him.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2008 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Intoxicated Man Sits On  Newborn Killing Him
A Friend

I have to agree. Where was to sober person who should have been watching the child. IF your gonna put the child down for a nap most people use a crib or a bed. A chair is not a good place for a napping child. The fact that he got drunk on a prescription is even worse. IF you have to use a prescription take it correctly. I doubt that your doctor told you to use this medication to get drunk on.

> TOPIC: Intoxicated Man Sits On Newborn Killing Him

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,