Mormons Copying Our Content

Mormons Copying Content - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Sep, 2008 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mormons Copying
Plagiarism Running Rampant
20th Feb, 2008 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

I have been to some pretty bold sites that are LDS Themed, and their members copy our content in the boldest way. They copy things word for word and not so much as give a link back to the original Topic! What is worst is the Administrators that run these sites and do not moderate their Members. They even say as part of their posts that they 'stole' some of the content from here. Sometimes I wonder about these other so called, 'LDS' sites where it is a case of 'anything goes'.

This is one of the main reasons I ask for source material when Discussing things here, and if it is your own words ensure that "In my opinion..." is part of your text. Now I do not mind Mormons sharing some --> SOME of the content of a page, but they should:

1. Link to where they took the content from with credit to this site
2. Ensure they just copy a bit (maybe up to a paragraph) and not the whole thing!

Keywords: Copyright, Ownership, Intellectual Property

Mormons Copying Our Content (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Content Copying Mormons

Name: Kenney

Comments: What is the doctrine for copying and pasting? I know the commandment: "Though, Shalt Not Steal!" However, when it comes to spreading the Gospel it appears to me the church leaves it up to personal judgment. Is it possible that some of these people taking other people's work put of content are only doing it because they feel that they are merely spreading the Gospel? Remember that the Lamanites were in a wicked state but, the Lord had Mercy because they were merely following the teaching of their Fathers. Even though, they were taught to hate their brethren the Nephites they were commended for their deep respect for their own families. I digress; the point I am trying to make is that if someone is doing wrong with good intent then we must judge them with the spirit of Love. We all have are own ideas of what is right and wrong regarding our actions. Their are many instances in the scriptures where an action by one prophet or apostle was commended and chastised by another prophet or apostle doing an action similar to the first. What was Cain's folly with the Lord? Cain and Able both performed sacrifices to the Lord. What was the reason for Able's sacrifice not being accepted by the Lord?
(P.S)These are my feelings and I apologize in advance if it is felt that this does not further the discussion of previous comments made. I would like to continue discussing this further but, I need to understand exactly more clearly what is expected to further this discussion.

30th Sep, 2008 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Copying Our Content Studies Doctrine Mormon

Sorry, but I find your take on this ridiculous. Why do Members have to 'spiritualize' every Topic? This has nothing to do with "...doctrine for copying and pasting". I never said it was a doctrine. This has everything to do with copyright and intellectual property. If you quote from something then you must put the source regardless to whether you think you are saving souls or selling balloons. You should have noticed that in the Threads here you see certain rules enforced - quote tags to ensure that people do not plagiarize the words of others and a source must be put from where they got those words. Lastly, I can understand if someone quotes a piece of a work (which still must be linked to), but to copy a whole Thread is ridiculous!

30th Sep, 2008 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Content Copying Mormons

What? How did we turn from a copyright law discussion to God's commandments, judging people's intentions and Abel and Cain?

We are discussing about plagiarism and our rules in the Community not whether the person who copies our information is worthy of a Temple recommend. spock.gif People get a grip.

30th Sep, 2008 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Content Copying Mormons

First of all I do not know why Kenny1975 pretends to Post this as a Guest. What is the matter afraid to be caught posting to this?

Here is what Kenny1975 Posted:

Name: Kenney

Comments: I understand Obeying Copywriter Laws and Obeying the Laws of the community but as far as Intellectual Property I guess I am still confused. Everything that we have including our intellect is given to us from our Heavenly Father. How do you think we got the Bible? Doesn't the bible belong to the Jews and not us? How many Bibles are their in the world that are a direct translation from the original writing of the Jews? I'm sorry but if I am not in the forum for discussions concerning deep doctrine forgive me and this will be my last post in this discussion, unless someone has someone has something they would like to personally discuss with me.

The point is that in reality even the words in the Bible itself were stolen from Jews and on top of that God Allowed it. So on that final Note please make sure that you thank to the Jews the next time you pray. I promise that unless someone ask me a question directly I will steer clear of furthering any more of my thoughts. Thank you all; and remember knowledge is given to share otherwise it is worth nothing I would think.

Here is what I have to say, especially to this first line:

I understand Obeying Copywriter Laws and Obeying the Laws of the community but...

If you understood, you would not still be replying to the Topic basically repeating yourself. Plus I do not regard much the words of someone Posting as someone else, we seem to be getting that a lot here lately. Everybody has something to say but afraid to show their faces because of shame.

> TOPIC: Mormons Copying Our Content

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,