Rated Game Titles

Rated Game Titles - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 19th Jun, 2008 - 6:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mature Games
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2008 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Rated Game Titles

Rated Game Titles

Do you feel that by having a rating on a game automatically means greater sales?

Rated Game Titles
Rated Game Titles (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th Feb, 2008 - 7:33am / Post ID: #

Titles Game Rated

It depends. I look at it like I do movies. If the game is geared towards the entire family (all ages) and gets a G Rating (put on the box), I think that almost guarantees that it will have low sales. If it is geared towards small children (under 7) and gets a G Rating, it can do well if kids like it. Word of mouth will help determine success and not necessarily the sticker. You slap a NC17 or Parental Guidance lable on a game and it will sell well. The key is making it bad enough to get the sticker and not bad enough to get it pulled from the shelves. If you get it pulled from WalMart and such, then that will put it on the black market and while popular, there will be little money made from it.

19th Jun, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Rated Game Titles Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Well it used to be that ratings count, but not anymore, at least not in the circles I'm in. We look for what is the most entertaing based on game type rather than game rating.

19th Jun, 2008 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Titles Game Rated

I would tend to agree with comstat. When I chat with the neighbor hood kids offering them candy and such they claim it is certain game venue they look for not ratings. I think that is more the parents trying to judge is it ok for jr to play it.

After all what could possible be in the game that they can not view in real life action on the fox network in prime time.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Rated Game Titles
A Friend

Titles Game Rated

I agree that most kids look for the game name that they want. The kids nowadays do not look at the rated part of any game. That is why as a parent you need to make sure the games you kids are playing are what you would consider safe.

I think many games have stuff on them you find in everyday news or life. BUt how many parents will let their kids go play with the gangs roaming on the streets?

19th Jun, 2008 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Rated Game Titles

Yes or randomly kill things will smiling. I fear too many parents never check out what the game is before the children play.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Rated Game Titles
A Friend

Rated Game Titles

You are very correct there Krakyn. I find that most parents have no clue about what is on a game. My kids hate the fact that I keep a eye on games and will not let them get certain games.

> TOPIC: Rated Game Titles

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,