Midwife Encourages Couples To 'make Out'

Midwife Encourages Couples ' Make Out' - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th Feb, 2008 - 7:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

During Childbirth
25th Feb, 2008 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Sorry, but after going through 22 hours of labor with my last pregnancy and a stage labor 3 that I thought I was passing out, I cannot even conceive this idea during childbirth!

SUMMERTOWN, Tenn -  Despite living on a commune in rural Tennessee, Ina May Gaskin has had the kind of career success most people only dream about.

A midwife who never formally studied nursing, Gaskin has helped to bring home birth and lay midwifery back from the brink of extinction in the U.S.

An obstetrical maneuver she learned from the indigenous Mayans of Guatemala has made it into scientific journals and medical textbooks, and her insistence on the rights of a birthing mother empowered a generation of women to demand changes from doctors and hospitals.

With a lifetime of accomplishment, the 67-year-old Gaskin has earned the right to slow down. But that is the farthest thing from her mind.

"At the time we began, I couldn't have dreamed that in 25 years" time women would be actively seeking Caesareans," she said.

Gaskin largely blames the nation's rising maternal death rate on the increase in Caesarean section births and the drugs sometimes used to induce labor.

The National Center for Health Statistics reported last month that the maternal death rate for 2005 has risen to about 15 women per 100,000 live births, more than double the 1998 rate of 7...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2008 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out make Couples Encourages Midwife

I have heard that having a mother being more relaxed and happy eases the time it takes for child birth and also betters the condition of the child. Having this woman, even though she has no medical training, back some of that up is interesting to say the least.

I know I am no wxpert but I have heard from some women the happier they were in their last trimester the easier their birth was. I think there is something to this and more studies need to be made on this.

25th Feb, 2008 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Midwife Encourages Couples To 'make Out' Health & Special Psychology

Gaskin largely blames the nation's rising maternal death rate on the increase in Cesarean section births and the drugs sometimes used to induce labor.

I do believe there is a lot to this statement. In my own family I have seen evidence of this. Plus the two that used the meds had much longer deliveries 27 and 23 hours the other three no meds were 7,6 and 3 hours. My two boys 4 hours and 3 hours.

> TOPIC: Midwife Encourages Couples To 'make Out'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,