Slow Server

Slow Server - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 17th Mar, 2012 - 12:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Forum Loads Slow If you are the administrator for a Forum or other interactive site and have been pulling out your hair trying to get server resources meet the demands of your sites then check here - It may not be your server at all... check for a probable solution!
29th Feb, 2008 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Slow Server

Slow Server
Optimize Server or Block Spambots

I believe I have found one very BIG solution to server usage, well in fact four. One of the reasons I have been troubled over server usage was because I thought it was all the scripts I had, but it's not that... it's spam bots! If you have been tweaking your my.cnf and your php.ini and your httpd.conf hoping to get server performance only to see that you need to keep restarting your server then here may be the secret solution you have been looking for..

Read more in the Architect's Blog: Optimize Server or Block Spambots

Slow Server
Slow Server (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2008 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Server Slow

I'm not so technologically inclined, but whatever you did is making every page load very fast, thank you.

21st Jul, 2008 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Slow Server Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Server security, optimizing your scripts and keeping a check on everything is what will make you run fast. I have seen people try to add loads of memory and space only to bring their server to a halt. No amount of memory will do you any good if you have a script that is eating it up like pacman.

23rd Jul, 2008 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Server Slow

I will agree with you there Geek, however I will also add that one should not over add the unnecessary. For instance having Cpanel installed when all you do is use FTP for a static site. Security can also be a problem if you make checks for any and everything when the site is not even interactive and does not need to check for something you do not even have installed.

27th Jul, 2008 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Server Slow

I agree with all said. I think a lot of server administrators get slack with maintaining and checking for activity then when all gets slow or crashes they wonder why.

10th Jan, 2009 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Slow Server

Recently, I did some tweaking at root level and disabled a lot of the logs and my server moved twice as fast and used less memory.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jan, 2009 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Slow Server

I have set up my server to Email me warnings about most everything, so that limits long term problems.

17th Mar, 2012 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Slow Server Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Hey JB, things are loading way faster now. You did good on that move. I hope they don't pack it with users on your account and slow things down.

> TOPIC: Slow Server

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,