Forgiving For Murder

Forgiving Murder - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 4th Mar, 2008 - 6:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
2nd Mar, 2008 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Forgiving For Murder

Question: "If the person that was murdered cannot forgive their killer (Obviously they are dead this would not work well.) why should I?

Can you forgive someone that has murdered someone that you know?
Can you forgive someone that has murdered someone that you do not know?
What should the punishment be for murder?
Are there exceptions when a punishment should be lessened?
Should attempted murder be looked upon differently than murder?

It was pointed out to me that I can have a very strong opinion on this subject. More so than I may have at other times or other circumstances.

I believe that I am able to forgive someone for murder of anyone whether I know them or not. The punishment is very contreversial but if I have to choose in many cases I believe that an equal death for that individual is reasonable. I do not believe that there are any circumstances that I currently have on my mind that I would justify a lessened punishment.
I have never understood how attempted murder can be considered or looked upon differently than murder. If you are convicted of attempted murder that is just another way of saying that you simply failed at what you were attempting to do. So had circumstance gone slightly differently would you have actually completed the act? I believe that the attempt is just as bad as murder. Just because God chose to save the life that you were attempting to end why should you get off easier or with less punishment?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Mar, 2008 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Murder Forgiving

Bwren:

I believe that I am able to forgive someone for murder of anyone whether I know them or not

Are you speaking from experience? If you are, then I understand your statement, if you haven't...how do you really know?

For me, it all depends on the circumstances. Sometimes people kill because they have no choice, as a matter of protecting themselves (genuine self-defense). Do you feel the same way about these cases as well?

Of course, in MOST instances is an evil, terrible act that I do think should deserve the death penalty.

2nd Mar, 2008 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Forgiving For Murder Revealed Bible The

QUOTE (LDS_Forever)
Are you speaking from experience?

Unfortunately I am. But this leaves me attempting to image it from the perspective of a friend that may not understand themselves.

QUOTE (LDS_Forever)
protecting themselves (genuine self-defense). Do you feel the same way about these cases as well?

That I believe raises the question of what exactly is murder. In my eyes, in a situation of true self preservation or self defense as you put it, I do not consider this murder. My reasoning for this is that two part. In the first scenario you may have to make the choice to take a life to prevent your own life from ending. In the other scenario you may be acting to prevent harm to yourself and in so protecting the death of the other person may be unfortunate however not intentional.

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2008 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Forgiving For Murder
A Friend

Murder Forgiving

This is a interesting subject. What about military personnel. There are times when a person serving in the military has to shoot and kill someone. This can occur while in a peace time not war time situation. The person killed could have showed no actions, other than climbing a fence, that they are a danger to anyone. Is the person who shot and killed the intruder a murder? After all it is not self defense or protecting someone from potential harm. They person simply climbed over a fence and refused to obey requests and attempts to stop him.

3rd Mar, 2008 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Murder Forgiving

If you shoot some one who is doing wrong it is in the same category as self defense, in my books. As far as forgiving a murderer I am unsure if I clould at least right away.

I know one must forgive to heal and because of that I am sure in the end I would. It might also be easier if you know the murderer is also about to be executed. But until I face it I am unsure as I am slow to forgive and seldom forget.

3rd Mar, 2008 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Forgiving For Murder

QUOTE (KNtoran)
What about military personnel ... climbing a fence, that they are a danger to anyone. Is the person who shot and killed the intruder a murder?

This is a very delicate subject so I will attempt and stay to the point. In your example this is murder. While you use military personnel as an example we must all keep in mind that they are highly trained in how and when to use deadly force. From my understanding the weapons training that they receive should allow them to shoot the offending person to prevent or stop their current actions without deadly force. For this same reason a police officer is trained to shoot a fleeing suspect in the leg rather than the chest or head. But I must admit, you are correct that this is not self defense.

QUOTE (kraykn)
It might also be easier if you know the murderer is also about to be executed.

I do not believe that with this type of outlook on a situation that it is true forgiveness. While the law may choose the sentence of death or life in prison it is within each of us to forgive. I base my definition of forgiveness in a way I am glad I am forgiven. If God only forgave me because he knew that I was going to die but still let me die then how is this forgiving? His forgiveness is absolute and he releases us from the burden of death.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2008 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Forgiving For Murder
A Friend

Forgiving Murder

Well then I am a murderer. Wonder if any can forgive me.

IN the military you are highly trained but when it comes to actually having to shoot a person it is rather hard to shoot a person in the arm or the leg. ALl your training in the military is to aim for center mass. That means aim for the biggest target. Usually that is the persons torso. Even the police are trained to shoot center mass. It is very hard to hit someone if you try aiming for a leg or arm plus you do not want to have extra bullets flying around where they can harm innocent victims.

4th Mar, 2008 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Forgiving Murder The Bible Revealed

bwren

I do not believe that with this type of outlook on a situation that it is true forgiveness.

What I think is that if you knew the other is going to die or has received punishment that fit the crime it might soften ones heart toward that person. A softer heart might allow one to give true forgiveness to the convict. A hard heart can not forgive truly and as such will burden the offender as well as themselves to a bitter end.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Forgiving For Murder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,