Forgiving For Murder - Page 2 of 2

In the ten commandment in its original Hebrew - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 4th Mar, 2008 - 7:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Mar, 2008 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Forgiving For Murder - Page 2

In the ten commandment in its original Hebrew the 7th commandment is "lo tirtzach"* which means do not Murder. It is not the Thou shall not Kill as it is incorrectly translated into English.

I would think this is a significant distinction that would allow for the defense of ones own life or that of another even if it meant having to take life. It also would differentiate between accidental killing and intentional killing.

The old testament is full of instances where righteous individuals had to take up arms in defense of self and country. In my opinion The Lord forgives those who are compelled to defend property and country because of decisions by the State. If the cause is unjust then those in Government would be held accountable.

As to forgiving murderers, I would have the hardest time doing this, especially if it were a close family member killed. I would definitely hold that person accountable which is entirely different then forgiveness. Sometimes God punishes us in this life even after we have sought forgiveness(He may allow let us get a sexually transmitted disease if we are promiscuous, or suffer for bad choices regardless if we have asked for forgiveness) and I think it is necessary to hold people accountable. When we forgive others we are letting go of bitter feelings for that person and changing who we are. The change in them can only come from God.

* from The Hebrew Ten Commandments
https://www.positiveatheism.org/mail/eml9874.htm

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Forgiving For Murder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,