Bible & Tattoos - Page 2 of 2

How can this even be debateable. The Bible - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 24th Mar, 2008 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
12th Mar, 2008 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Bible & Tattoos - Page 2

The best way to look at it is this and answer any doubtful question... Would Jesus get a tattoo?

Sponsored Links:
12th Mar, 2008 - 5:58am / Post ID: #

Tattoos and Bible

QUOTE (JB)
Would Jesus get a tattoo?

That is a very good question that I honestly cannot give a definite answer. While I do not recall anything within the gospels concerning this ever coming up I guess the only way I can look at this is would there have been a way that in Jesus doing so would God have gotten the glory? This I can not answer either.

I must admit that WWJD (What Would Jesus Do?) should be a question that all of our decisions are washed through daily.

12th Mar, 2008 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Bible & Tattoos Revealed Bible The

I don't think that most churches would class it as a sin, you could go on and on with whether people should have anything done to their bodies including having their ears pierced.
I personally don't have any biblical objections to tattoos, I just don't like the thought of the process and the fact of it's permanency!

Although I am aware that there are a number of religions where tattoos would be a definite no no, I think it's personal choice, but I honestly don't believe that anyone is going to be 'condemned' for having a tattoo...in my humble opinion.

Post Date: 12th Mar, 2008 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Bible & Tattoos
A Friend

Page 2 Tattoos and Bible

I for one will not get a tatoo because to me it is marking yourself. I feel that towards the end of time we will be forced to be marked with ink. I feel that I will not be forced and become a outcast. This is one of the primary reasons for me not to get a tatoo. Plus I feel I have enough scars on me to keep me easily Identified. Just my opinion

12th Mar, 2008 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos and Bible

Bwren the only part that changes from the old to the new testament is the path you take to enter heaven. That is accepting Jesus as your savior and that he was sacrificed for your sins. This replaces the rituals and routines of animal sacrifice in the old testament.

The living standards spelled out in the old testament apply today as they did in the time they words were scribed. Thus tattooing is a not sanctioned in the bible.

In the new testament I have never read any passage that specifically said not to but did not Jesus teach that our body is a temple in which god himself dwells? If then it is a temple, we are not to maim it not to defile it in any manner? Would you paint a dragon on the outside of your church? No I do not think one would. There is no difference in that Church and you body for god lives in both.

Often I hear people claim be still let the spirit fall down and fill you. But it is not really so for god is in us at birth we just have to take the right steps and let him pour forth from inside us. Thus we are a sacred temple more sacred then any four walls and as such treat or bodies as such. This means following the guidelines laid out in the old testament. Yes ear piercings are no different then a tattoo. The difference is that we can now repent and ask forgiveness for these misadventures and instantly be forgiven.

24th Mar, 2008 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Bible & Tattoos

If you ever change your mind then you can get laser treatment to get it off. I know it might be kind of hard to do something and then everyone tells you that you're somehow wrong for doing it (been there done that). If you're satisfied you did alright with it then just be happy, you're born again right?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Mar, 2008 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Bible & Tattoos - Page 2

How can this even be debateable. The Bible says that God wants no GRAVEN IMAGE before him and that the body is a TEMPLE of God.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Bible & Tattoos

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,