Wife Of Soldier Starves Baby Daughter To Death

Wife Soldier Starves Baby Daughter Death - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Jan, 2009 - 6:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The wife of a soldier deployed in Iraq is charged with killing their 11-month-old daughter after the infant was found starved to death in their littered home
15th Mar, 2008 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

This woman MUST be in drugs, I cannot believe the conditions she was living and the "seizures" the article states. Oh gosh, imagine being starved to death! Poor sweet baby. She is now at peace. I hope this woman gets the death penalty!

The child was found dead in her mother's arms last month, federal prosecutors said.

Kristin Marie Phillips, 33, of Fort Leonard Wood, was charged with killing her daughter - the federal equivalent of a murder charge.

A spokesman for the U.S. prosecutor said Phillips would be facing at least a life sentence if convicted. Prosecutors have not reached a decision on whether to pursue the possible maximum penalty of death.

Three other children, ages 2 to 13, also were in the home and have since been placed in the custody of the Missouri Department of Social Services.

Phillips' husband is a soldier who was deployed to Iraq at the time of the girl's death but has since returned to Fort Leonard Wood. Prosecutors did not release his name.

Phillips was assigned a public defender in a first hearing Thursday. She has not entered a plea and remains in federal detention pending another hearing March 18. The public defender's office said it could not comment because the case had just been assigned to it.

According to an affidavit filed with the charges, the house was littered with trash, spoiled food and dirty laundry and there was a a strong odor of urine and feces.

Paramedics and military police arrived about 9:15 p.m. on Feb. 21 in response to two 911 calls from the home. The affidavit by an FBI investigator did not say who placed those calls.

Federal prosecutors have jurisdiction because the sprawling Army post in south-central Missouri is a federal facility, said Don Ledford, spokesman for U.S. Attorney John F. Wood.

Ledford said the infant, Alexis Nikhol Emily Phillips, was the daughter of Phillips and her husband.

Medics and police found the infant in the arms of her mother on the bed in the master bedroom, the affidavit said.

"Mrs. Phillips appeared to be having seizures but when she awoke a few minutes later, she became very agitated and combative..." the affidavit said. She was subdued and taken to a hospital.

An autopsy found that Alexis most likely died from dehydration, starvation and malnutrition the day before she was found.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2008 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Death Daughter Baby Starves Soldier Wife

Having been in the military and having kids of my own I am angry that this mother did this to her child. I know if they live on base they have no rent. Free housing and a pay check coming in every 15 days (military can get paid once or twice a month) leaves no reason these children were not better cared for. You also have to keep the military provided house clean. You get inspected once a month. IF your house does not meet standards you have one week to get it to standards or you will be moved out. How the house was able to get to the condition it was in I have no idea. I believe someone was not doing their job and this childs death could have been prevented.

I feel for the father who was out of the country at the time this happened. At least now he is back and he should be able to care for his other children. I hope the mother sits in prison and thinks about what she did for a long time.

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2008 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Wife Of Soldier Starves Baby Daughter To Death History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Elwyn

Comments: It appears to me that in this case more that what is just in the report may be involved. Depression (severe), Physical disorder, or some other Psycological disorder may be involved. I think that this person's record of how they have dealt with their children in the past would have to come into play before passing a judgment as to whether prison or maybe hospitalization would be the best place for her. From what I read she may not have been ABLE to care for her children rather than this being a malicious act.

24th Dec, 2008 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

It appears to me you're somewhat related to this person. Anyhow, what difference does it make whether the woman had any sort of medical condition? Do you understand we are talking about an infant being starved to death? I could careless that this woman could have been depressed or had any sort of psychological disorder because in the end we have a baby being tortured to death. Needs to pay for the heinous crime that she committed and for me this crime deserves the DEATH PENALTY.

It always surprises sometimes how the perpetrator always becomes the victim while the REAL victim, in this case a BABY, is not even mentioned.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2009 - 6:05am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 24-Dec 08, 12:11 AM)
It appears to me you're somewhat related to this person.

Name: Elwyn

Comments: I don't know what you mean from the comment "you must be related somehow" but I don't really care. Neither you nor I know all of the circumstances in this case. You also don't know much about mental illness. If the woman "qualified" to live in this house when she moved in, something must have gone wrong with her. The house was in deplorable shape and the baby was dead in her arms, maybe she wasn't just a slob, severe depression is not something you just "snap out" of. If her seizures were drug induced hang her, but not until you find out the real cause.

> TOPIC: Wife Of Soldier Starves Baby Daughter To Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,