House Of Horrors 4 - Page 7 of 18

QUOTE (227) You study the painting. It is - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2008 - 12:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 18 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (18) »
Closed
The Finial Chapter or does GM Krakyn want to see us punished for our sins?
1st Apr, 2008 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4 - Page 7

So we look away.

(181)
You will yourself to look away, and the scene begins to ripple like a watery reflection. Suddenly, your head starts to swim, and you feel as if you are going to pass out. Roll three dice. If the result is less than your current Stamina score, go to 14. If the result is equal to or greater than your current Stamina score, go to 245.

*Easy roll 3*6=18 we are 22 we win.*

(14)
You fall to the ground, the spinning in your head continuing as if you were free falling and spinning all at once. You clutch your head in agony, but eventually the sensation subsides. You sit up and see that everything is as it was before. You slowly get to your feet while deciding what to do next. You can investigate the vase, having not already done so (3) or leave this room (206).

(3)
The vase seems real enough, and when you shake it you can hear a rattling sound. You turn it upside-down, but nothing falls out! Will you probe into the vase with your hand (195) or, if that doesn't seem like a good idea, leave the room (206)? If you have not studied the painting, you may do so on 227.

Interesting we still can visit that painting again. Perhaps you are right JB ... my boys have not done that I know not where it leads though they have found a secret passage that leads to a guard. This story is more complex then it seems, details are important.

So do we stick our hand in or look deeply into that painting or out the door?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2008 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4
A Friend

Horrors House

There is a rattling sound in the vase. Maybe it is something we can use. I say try to take it. Then go through the painting.

2nd Apr, 2008 - 9:38am / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4 Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Dice Master says...

Check the vase.

I will only check the painting again if you allow that we start from here again should we be trapped and 'die'.

2nd Apr, 2008 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Horrors House

I was thinking that we could make our spot out in the hall by this door our new start point. Till we get the rest of the unknowns out of the way. Seem to me little left unknown behind us other then that grate going out side....not sure that it was leading anywhere but death same as the rest of that tunnel.

So lets check the vase and see what happens. We are missing something still after all we have not seen the silver chain and star or this Orion's belt.

(195)
You stick your hand into the vase. It is rather long and it swallows up half of your arm before you feel the bottom. From what you can feel, there is some kind of ring that is attached to the vase itself. While this doesn't make practical sense, it does logically explain the fact that nothing fell out when you turned it upside down. You withdraw your arm from the vase and suddenly realize that your had is gone! You drop the vase in horror and it shatters against the floor. Add 2 fear points. Holding your arm up, you see that there is no cut or wound or blood, merely a fleshy stump where your hand was. From out of nowhere comes a faint, mocking laugher. Roll 2 dice and compare the result to your current fear score. If the result is equal to or greater than your current fear score, go to 94. If it is less than your current fear score, go to 258.

Fear score = 4

we roll 3 *slaps himself*

(258)
You are in a panicked state of mind. You run to the door, to find that it is locked. There are no windows in the room. You are trapped. You cast your eyes around. The shadows cast from the lamp seem to twist and writhe in a sinister manner. What evil is in this room? Who is laughing? Will you escape this house alive? What is that noise? You slump to the ground in a quivering mess and bury your head in your hands. The house has broken you mentally, and you are unable to continue. You don't hear the door open, or the footsteps that walk in and then stop right in front of you"¦

I can kill hordes of headless zombies but deep down still a chicken.

So back to last quote.

(3)
The vase seems real enough, and when you shake it you can hear a rattling sound. You turn it upside-down, but nothing falls out! Will you probe into the vase with your hand (195) or, if that doesn't seem like a good idea, leave the room (206)? If you have not studied the painting, you may do so on 227.

Fear points reset two 2 all equipment status quo.

I see no need to repeat that first hallway over and over.

So do we try for that item in the vase? Not sure why the mocking laughter a practical joke? Or take a deep stare in the picture or back to the hall way?

2nd Apr, 2008 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Horrors House

The Dice Master says...

Check the picture this time and keep looking until we get significant info.

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2008 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4
A Friend

House Of Horrors 4

Yes I agree lets take a good long look at the painting and get sent to the castle maybe?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Apr, 2008 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

House Horrors 4 - Page 7

Psyho ending. Go with the picture I guess and lets hope this time its something good.

3rd Apr, 2008 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

House Horrors 4 D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

(227)
You study the painting. It is impressive but unremarkable. A medieval looking castle is set on a hill at the end of a sloping track. It seems to be surrounded by a clearing with short, twisted, stubby trees. You would judge the time of day to be early in the morning or sometime after dusk. Go to 167.

(167)
A strange thing happens. As you gaze at the painting, it begins to glow. A shaft of sunlight seems to stretch into the room. At the same time, your surroundings begin to grow dim, then Cyber-person and runny, like a watercolor left in the sun for too long. The scene in the painting begins to take on a third dimension. You almost feel as if you are being drawn into the painting! Will you continue to stare at it (312) or tear your gaze away (181)?

(312)
The scene continues to shift. The painting seems to grow as big as a doorway, while surrounding you - and then, suddenly, you are standing outside, in a clearing. The air is warm and heavy; the last rays of the sun can be seen in the distance. Short, ugly trees are scattered sporadically around the landscape. Turning around, you see a great castle at the top of a hill. A sloping track leads up to it. You are trying to decide what to do when you spot a solitary figure standing at the edge of a hill near a group of taller trees. Go to 77.

(77)
You cautiously make your way towards the figure, blending in with the trees as much as possible. As you get closer, you begin to see the details in the dim light. The man is tall and pale, with jet-black hair. He wears a long black cape, fastened across the neck with a gold clasp. His head is bowed and his eyes are shut; he appears to be in deep concentration. His lips, however, are moving. It appears as if he is repeating the same words or phrase over and over. Will you silently move closer (202) or walk right up to him and start a conversation (6)?

Well we lived but I hope we can get back!

So do we go up and talk to the odd chap? Or be a sneaky Pete?

> TOPIC: House Of Horrors 4

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.