House Of Horrors 4 - Page 9 of 18

. I knew we could beat it with Krakyns good - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Apr, 2008 - 4:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 18 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (18) »
Closed
The Finial Chapter or does GM Krakyn want to see us punished for our sins?
5th Apr, 2008 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4 - Page 9

I'm just curious to see what happens if we push him away from the woman, yeah stupid idea but I feel like being a hero.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2008 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4
A Friend

Horrors House

I have a feeling if we push him away or attack him he is going to kill us. But maybe with Krakyn's good rolls we can win. smile.gif

6th Apr, 2008 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4 Archive Pathfinder / D&D

(33)
Without wasting a second, you jump in between the man and his victim, causing him to lose his grip. The woman falls back onto the ground where she sits up, shaking her head in a daze. Your action was brave, but it will cost you your life. The man is, in fact, a vampire; and locking his eyes on yours gives him total control over you. Your mind is in a panic as you feel yourself walk up to the vampire and drop to your knees. He covers you with his cape and your last human memory is a sharp stab as his teeth sink into your neck.

Well back to the last step

202)
You slowly draw closer, trying not to make a sound. It appears as though your efforts are aided by the fact that he is completely oblivious to his surroundings. You make your way up behind a tree a few feet away. Whoever he is, he could almost be considered catatonic if not for his low murmuring. Holding your breath and leaning forward, you strain to hear what he might be saying. After a few moments, you can make it out - "Margaret"¦Margaret"¦come to me"¦Yes, good"¦Margaret"¦" A sudden movement from the trees catches your attention. You grow wide-eyed as a stunningly beautiful young woman cloaked in a sky-blue dress and wearing a tiara slowly steps forward. Her breathing is slow and shallow, and her eyes stare straight ahead, unblinking. Go to 148.

(148)
The man raises his head and opens his eyes, a faint smile on his lips. The woman stops directly in front of him, and as you continue to observe this strange ritual, you notice a flash of gold from the woman's hand - she is wearing a gold band encircled with rubies or some other gem on her ring finger. The very air is still, as if in observation as she thrusts her head back, baring her neck. She is breathing quickly now, breasts swelling in anticipation (or fear?) as the man suddenly steps closer to her and places his hand on the back of her head. With a start, you realize that if you are to act, now is the time. Will you swiftly attack the man (106) step away from the tree and call out to him (57) push him away from the woman (33) or take no such action and continue to observe (379)? 

So now what do we try?

7th Apr, 2008 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Horrors House

Now that we know he is a vampire we have to consider what we have at our disposal to make him expire, and I believe we have nothing, so continue to observe and then leave this room and the painting as there seems to be nothing useful here.

7th Apr, 2008 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Horrors House

The Dice Master says...

We have no option to leave so just attack him I guess. If that kills us then observe.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4
A Friend

House Of Horrors 4

I say attack him we will have surprise on our side and we may just get lucky and defeat him.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Apr, 2008 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

House Horrors 4 - Page 9

(106)
You take a flying leap directly into the man's back. You, him, and the woman land in a heap on the ground. You know that few people tangle with Vampires and live to tell the tale; but that is exactly what you are dealing with. If you have a weapon, go to 265. If you are fighting unarmed, go to 129.

(129)
You grasp the vampire by the throat, trying to strangle the unholy life out of it, but it possesses an inhuman strength and flings you back to the base of the tree. It turns, eyes glowing with a terrible rage, and leaps at you. You manage to roll away a split second before it crashes into the tree. The vampire staggers back, momentarily stunned, and you seize the moment by attacking it. Resolve the battle:

Vampire: Skill 8 Stamina 11.

If you win, you manage to knock it senseless, and searching its robes, you find a pearl-handled dagger which you quickly plunge into its heart, ending its reign of terror. You may keep the dagger as a weapon. Go to 4.

Interesting a pearl handles dagger! Oh I hope we get it!

us 16 stam 22 vampy 18 stam 11 we lose 2 stam 20
us 19 stam 20 vampy 16 stam 9 vampy lose
us 20 stam 20 vampy 16 stam 7 vampy lose
us 16 stam 20 vampy 12 stam 5 vampy lose
us 18 stam 20 vampy 18 stam 5 draw
us 17 stam 20 vampy 14 stam 3 vampy lose
us 18 stam 20 vampy 17 stam 1 vampy lose
us 15 stam 20 vampy 16 stam 1 we lose
us 16 stam 18 vampy 15 stam -1 vampy dies.

We sink that pearl handles dagger deep! The clean it and put it in our pocket!

(4)
You slump to the ground in exhaustion, then suddenly remember the woman and sit up. You find that she is on her feet, having removed the ruby ring, and watch silently as she flings it away with all her might. Wiping her hair away from her face, she turns to you and smiles sweetly. "Thank you, stranger," she begins in a soft voice. "I am the lady Margaret of Danvers, and while my fate was sealed long ago, at least I may now rest in peace." You slowly get to your feet and explain how you arrived in this land. "Yes", she replies, 'there is evil enchantment at work, and I fear that you will have more travails and dangers to face." She turns in the direction of the castle. "Your way back lies through there," she intones, "but beware of the armor! There is also information that you seek. The crone, Grisela, may be able to aid you. You will know her by the rose colored scarf that she wears. But time grows short. You must be off." Before you leave, Margaret informs you that in her gratitude, she will reward you with a blessing. Will you ask for a blessing of strength (313) a blessing of courage (154) or a blessing of fortune (235)?

OK so we learn the name lady Margaret of Danvers.

We seek Grisela wears rose scarf. I think this is important

I am going to guess her and say that we have choise of.

Bless strength we heal? stam 18 of 22

Courage we get ride of fear we have 4 of 12

Bless of fortune be luck? we have 8 of 8.

We also have in back whiskey remove 3 fear and water heal for 9 points.

Based on this which shall we ask for before heading back towards that castle?

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2008 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

House Of Horrors 4
A Friend

House Horrors 4 D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

. I knew we could beat it with Krakyns good rolls. Lets use the blessing of strength so we save our water for another time.

> TOPIC: House Of Horrors 4

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.