The Bible Tells Me So

The Bible Tells So - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 17th May, 2008 - 4:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Do you operate by this?
21st Mar, 2008 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

The Bible Tells Me So

The Bible Tells Me So

Many of us learned as children Christian songs that often contain the lyrics... "The Bible Tells Me So". Question here, do you as an adult operate by the concept that The Bible Tells Me So?

Sponsored Links:
21st Mar, 2008 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

So Tells Bible The

I know people who you ask a question (whatever you may think of) and they answered "Well, the Bible says...". Personally, I don't operate like that. If I am unsure about something I research in the Scriptures and see what is being told about that particular matter. I haven't memorize the Bible so it is impossible for me to live by the Bible tells me so unless I do my research.

24th Mar, 2008 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

The Bible Tells Me So Revealed Bible The

Well yes I follow this generally. I believe the Bible is a guide in my life, but I have to be careful about what I might misinterpret that Jesus wants me to do so its not like I spit out verses every time I do something.

25th Mar, 2008 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

So Tells Bible The

"The Bible tells me so..."

This is a great concept. I would have to say that myself do have this general mind set. While I do not analyze every decision or action with this philosophy I attempt to let major decisions be guided by what the Bible tells me. I only hope this is true to all that are saved by grace. I believe for the most part, all christians do have this mindset at some point in time. But I also believe that every embraces this differently.

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2008 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

The Bible Tells Me So
A Friend

So Tells Bible The

I at times have used the bible as a source for a decision I have made or a reason why I do certain things. While I do not quote scripture I feel that living my life in a way the good book tends to refer to is helping me be a better person. I am not perfect and I will be the first to admit that when angered I can do some very evil things.

25th Mar, 2008 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

The Bible Tells Me So

No, I wouldn't have this as my mantra.
There are too many things in the Bible, especially in the Old testament that if I were do to the letter, would be at the least, Socially unacceptable, and at the most downright criminal.

Examples are:
1. Do not where clothing with more then one Fabric. Leviticus 19:19
2. Anyone who curses his mother or Father must be killed Leviticus 20:9
3. Family members who pray to another God should be put to death. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

There are many of these kind of laws in the Old Testament that we should not follow. To live ones life under the "because the Bible tells me so" could, if not checked by prudence and right thinking, put us in the same category as the islamist's who justify his or her unrighteous behavior, because they take some passages too literally.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bible and it is the word of God, but as with all things, one must use his or her common sense.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th May, 2008 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

The Bible Tells So

I try to as best I can do what is right and refer back to the bible and prayer for hard decisions. Reading what you wrote dbackers reminded me of the concept we according to Jesus are to love the sinners and hate their since while showing them a better way.

> TOPIC: The Bible Tells Me So

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,