Bleeding Bibles?

Bleeding Bibles - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Mar, 2008 - 8:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2008 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Bleeding Bibles?
A Friend

Bleeding Bibles?

I joined this group specifically to bounce this story off of fellow members of the church and do so ANONYMOUSLY!

Last night we were having a RS activity at the church building and the phone rang. I picked it up and a young woman was on the other end. She said that the sister missionaries had given her a pamphlet on the restoration and she'd been looking up the Bible references and typing them in her computer (why, I don't know). As she was doing this, she went on to say, she started seeing spots of blood appear in her Bible, which started dripping and then it (her Bible) began to levitate! She said that every time she opened her Bible now this happened.

So I was officially freaked out and although I'm RS pres. and supposed to be large and in charge, had no idea of what to say to this woman. Thinking this was, if anything, a matter for the priesthood, I called the Bishop, who suggested to me that she probably needed to go to a hospital. I told him I promised her I'd call back and he said I should ask if anyone else had witnessed what she described.

I tried calling and the line was busy. Relieved, we were about to leave the building when the phone rang again and it was her. I asked her to put someone else on the line and she said she was outside (?) and couldn't find anyone. I asked her if anyone else in the house had seen this happen and she said no. She finally tracked down her boyfriend, who got on the line and corroborated her story. (she said no, he said yes?) All I could tell them was to put the book away at least for the time being.

My husband (who is ward mission leader) felt like we were leaving these people out in the cold. That we had brought them the gospel and now we're deserting them when they need us. In other words, he believes them.

My Bishop thinks she's hallucinating and I'm leaning toward that. I guess my main problem with the story is that if MY Bible were bleeding and levitating, not only would I get rid of that Bible, but you better believe my entire household would be in an uproar. The fact that she said no one really knew what was going on doesn't ring right to me. The sisters said that there are a lot of extended family living in the house together.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever heard of/experienced anything like this, or even know why such a thing would happen. Also, if maybe there is some other religious context in regard to a bleeding Bible (Evangalist or Baptist?). I've searched the net and can't find anything but a picture of one.

Sponsored Links:
26th Mar, 2008 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Bibles Bleeding

Karen, what an interesting situation. I could not understand from the story though is: Did the boyfriend confirmed the Bible was bleeding and levitating? It does seem like hallucinations to me. A couple of sensitive questions: Do this girl has a past of mental problems or drug abuse?

I would suggest that the Bishop pays a visit to her house and see what is going on (I am surprised he hasn't as yet). She is a member and her concerns (regardless of how crazy they may seem) should be taken seriously.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2008 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Bleeding Bibles?
A Friend

Bleeding Bibles? Studies Doctrine Mormon

No, this person is not a member. The sisters tracted into her just a few days ago. So, no one really has any idea of her past. The boyfriend said he had witnessed it, after she said he hadn't.

26th Mar, 2008 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Bibles Bleeding

Oh, the story gets more weird then. If she is not a member, I really don't know what else you can do. I think you did all you can. The truth is you don't know if this person has serious mental issues and could be dangerous. Be aware of that.

> TOPIC: Bleeding Bibles?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,