Know The Ordinances

Know Ordinances - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd May, 2014 - 7:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th Apr, 2008 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Know The Ordinances

I was in a situation recently in which someone I thought would know how to perform an ordinance did not have a clue. I was just wondering if other priesthood holders are also not making these ordinances part of their life's routine through study and practise?

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2008 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Ordinances Know

Are you refering to the wording of a blessing or something of that sort? Or the ordinance itself?

7th Apr, 2008 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Know The Ordinances Studies Doctrine Mormon

I'm referring to priesthood holders knowing the words of blessings and what should be said, how the ordinance is to be performed, etc.

7th Apr, 2008 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Ordinances Know

The best way to learn the ordinances is to first study and then position yourself to be available for LOTS of practice. I believe most priesthood holders forget ordinance steps because they do not do them often enough. How many of you in reading this remember the steps for Dedicating a Grave as an example.

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Know The Ordinances
A Friend

Ordinances Know

I have a small pamphlet that was given to me by my father in law that easily fits into the inside pocket of my suit coat. It outlines the basic steps and words that need to be said and in what order for all normally used priesthood ordinances. It has come in handy over the years. I have bought these for the young men that I teach too. I know Deseret book has them for sale.

To answer your question, yes, I have seen many instances in which someone, myself included, had forgotten how to officiate in an ordinance. If you don't do something very often and then are called on the spot to do it, sometimes you forget.

11th Apr, 2008 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Know The Ordinances

I can understand not remembering how to do certain ordinances like dedicating a grave or blessing a baby, but what about just a simple blessing of comfort or for the sick, doesn't a lack of knowledge of how to do this not show the use of that priestholder's duty in the matter.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

Know Ordinances

"Ordinances and covenants are an anchor to safety for the family, both here and hereafter."

-- Joanne B. Doxey, Ensign, Nov. 1987, p.91

> TOPIC: Know The Ordinances

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,