Poison Ivy - Treatments

Poison Ivy Treatments - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Apr, 2008 - 1:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2006 - 6:21am / Post ID: #

Poison Ivy - Treatments
A Friend

Poison Ivy - Treatments

I have had to treat some of the worst poison ivy out breaks known to man. If you search for poison ivy pictures, you will find some of my bad break outs. I am nearly thirty, but I have had poison ivy every year but a couple of those, and twice some of those years. I just couldn't give up the woods and camping.

My first suggestion if you have poison ivy is to hit is hard and fast. Throwing everything you have it before its to bad to touch. I suggest using TECHNU® Extreme Poison Ivy Scrub for the itch, twice a day if not more. Many suggest using really hot water which short circuits the itch, but that is damaging to skin. Most don't realize that it is not only temporary but makes it harder for your body to heal the skin already damaged by the rash.

Several things need to be started immediately in addition to scrubs and soaps like lye and Ivarest. Vitamin E and Vitamin C are vital to skin regeneration, so really bulk up on them. For natural treatments, start with putting tea tree oil on your rash. It really does little for the itch, but helps draw out the infection and speeds healing.

There are few things that will dry out a bad rash as quickly as bleach. Using a 1 to 10 measurement, dab it on the effected areas three times a day. Its a little extreme and if you get the mixture wrong, it will burn. Something a little easier my be using alcohal. While this burns usually, it really drys it up fast. Most like to use products less destructive like Super Ivy Dry which does basically the same thing for a higher price. With all of these, remember that they will damage your skin. It will make it ultra dry and you will need to treat that with lotion when you are getting better.

Band-Aid makes a good calamine spray that is a quick easy fix. It doesn't last very long though. Poison-Ivy Brand makes something called CalaGel that really does wonders at cooling, but only lasts a short time. Lanacane spray also works well for cooling the itch. Of course if you don't mind the mess, good old calamine lotion works just as well. Remember to clean the rash often, it will help keep the itch down.

Last but not least, if it gets really bad, go see a doctor. Poison ivy on your eye-lids, nose, mouth, or genitalia may need to be treated internally as well. Most doctors prescribe Prednisone, which is a steroid. This works well since they ween you off of it slowly and it works fast. The doctor may give you a shot if its not to far along and can be halted, it may not last the length of the rash if that is the case though. For itch, I have found Ataraxx to work the best, being both an anti-itch and anti-anxiety for you ails. In addition, it is also an antihistamine, so it will work against your allergic reaction. For over the counter, take Benedryl which is the best over the counter hystamine blocker around though it will make you sleepy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Poison Ivy - Treatments
A Friend

Treatments Ivy Poison

I have another treatment I have come upon. It is another scrub called Ivy-Rest. I think it works better than the other scrub for two reasons.

1. It has more grit to it so it relieves the itching better.

2. The grit is not a big so it doesn't create the 'raw' feelings as harshly as the other.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2008 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Poison Ivy - Treatments Health & Special Psychology

Using deodorant spray on the affected skin can help ease the discomfort.

> TOPIC: Poison Ivy - Treatments

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,