Cult Of Oprah

Cult Oprah - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 7th May, 2008 - 7:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Cult Of Oprah

Cult of Oprah

I heard that Oprah is Anti-Christian and has her own ideals and followers in a sort of 'cult', is that true?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2008 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Cult Of Oprah
A Friend

Oprah Cult

I'm really no expert on this but from what I've seen she isn't anti-Christian at all. I've read of Christians who dislike her because she does like her "new-ageisms'" but I've heard her talk about Christ and the Bible and she does so with nothing but respect.

I agree that Oprah does seem to have a cultish following. I truly believe that if she ran for President of America she'd win without even trying such is the good feeling towards her. However, I don't think its any more harmful than the emotions people have towards their favourite pop-star or actor. I don't think she puts herself up as a "spiritual leader" (a spiritual person perhaps but there is a difference) but she is very charismatic.

I remember once watching an interview she did on a British news show and I found her very engaging even through the TV screen. The interviewer himself also seemed completely charmed by her-and bear in mind this was a seasoned cynical journalist more used to trying to tease the truth out of politicians. To be fair she was talking about her contribution of millions of dollars of her own money to the building and upkeep of a new school in South Africa so its hard to find fault with that but even so she definitely had a style and grace that was attractive.

> TOPIC: Cult Of Oprah

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,