Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration

- Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Apr, 2014 - 11:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
6th Apr, 2014 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Do you believe General AND local leaders are always inspired to do what is right for the membership? Do you believe neither General or Local can lead people astray or do something contrary to the will of God? Do you make a difference between General and Local leadership?

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2014 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Inspiration Leaders Local General Mormon

[For me it works like this:] General Authorities yes, and local [leaders] sometimes [are inspired].

8th Apr, 2014 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
General Authorities yes, local sometimes.

Where is the difference [between the two (GAs and local leaders) within] your opinion?

8th Apr, 2014 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Just on how I feel not only in their presence, but when I listen to them.

9th Apr, 2014 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Is it your opinion that GA are somehow higher spiritually than the average local leader?

9th Apr, 2014 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

No, The GA's have to go through a very strict interview process, where local leaders don't. That I can remember.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Apr, 2014 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Mormon General Local Leader's Inspiration

My point in asking that question is that sometimes I see within the membership almost a worshiping-like attitude towards GA, shaking hand with one of them is like shaking hands with the latest Hollywood celebrity. In testimony meetings sometimes all I hear is how Elder such and such and Elder such and such and their eyes almost glowing at relating to the experience. What about the Savior? Do our eyes glow in the same way? Are we forgetting these people are just "men"? No different from you or me?

9th Apr, 2014 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Mormon General Local Leader's Inspiration Mormon Doctrine Studies

I think sometimes we do forget that they are humans that have flaws and weakness. I know that at one time I met one of the Apostles I was excited until I got up there and realized he was just a man. I know when I started studying the Bible and read the words of the Messiah, I was amazed at his love and capacity to forgive. Then I remember that The Prophets words are the same as if Christ was saying them himself, so instead of imagining the Prophets and Apostles saying them, I imagine that the Son of God is standing before me speaking them to me.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,