Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE (Suzie_Su) Ok then is just your opinion. - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Apr, 2014 - 1:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
10th Apr, 2014 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration - Page 2

For me both are the same, it depends on the individual. Many General Authorities have fallen in the past.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2014 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Inspiration Leaders Local General Mormon

That type of stuff hasn't happened in a very long time. Now a days our leaders are stronger in the Church. Despite that men fall away, it doesn't lessen the fact they could be called of God.

13th Apr, 2014 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE
Despite that men fall away, it doesn't lessen the fact they could be called of God.

Fair enough, that's why I think both local and general leaders should be considered having the same inspiration. No one above the other.

13th Apr, 2014 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Inspiration Leaders Local General Mormon

I have a brother-in-law who served as a Bishop and is now serving as a Stake President. When he was serving as a Bishop, I remember him telling me that he felt a great endowment of the Spirit that he had never felt before he was ordained as a Bishop. Now that he is serving as a Stake President, he has told me that he has felt an even greater endowment of the Spirit than he ever felt when he was serving as Bishop, and he speculates that the endowment of the Spirit that is given to the General Authorities must be even greater than the endowment of the Spirit that he has felt since being set apart as Stake President. It seems logical. Yes, they are fallible, mortal human beings and liable to err, but perhaps a little less liable to err than the rest of us. The last General Authority to fall was George P. Lee.

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Inspiration Leaders Local General Mormon

international QUOTE (tragula)

I have a brother-in-law who served as a Bishop and is now serving as a Stake President.

So are you saying "bigger" the calling, greater the Spirit? Whats the scriptural support for that or is it just your opinion? Same for the GA less liable to err than the rest of us.

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration

I know of no scriptural support for that. It was based on the personal experience of my brother-in-law, as I stated. I suspect that most General Authorities have already proven themselves before they were called to be General Authorities and are therefore less liable to err than many of us, although it is still a possibility, as the experience of George P. Lee clearly shows. But George P. Lee is the only GA to fall since Richard R. Lyman almost 70 years ago. That's a pretty good record. I think it shows that the GAs are less likely to err than many of us. And again, based upon my brother-in-laws experience receiving a greater endowment of the Spirit when he was ordained a Bishop and an even greater endowment of the Spirit when he was set apart as a Stake President, I think that we have grounds for speculating that the General Authorities may receive an even greater endowment of the Spirit than Stake Presidents. Can you follow that reasoning?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Apr, 2014 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Mormon General Local Leader's Inspiration - Page 2

international QUOTE
I know of no scriptural support for that.
Ok then is just your opinion.

international QUOTE
I suspect that most General Authorities have already proven themselves before they were called to be General Authorities and are therefore less liable to err than many of us,

And how they proved themselves exactly in your opinion? Because we are all humans (Fallible) checking in other humans and measuring whether they have less or more liable to err than the rest? That's silly.

international QUOTE
I think that we have grounds for speculating that the General Authorities may receive an even greater endowment of the Spirit than Stake Presidents. Can you follow that reasoning?

Actually no. You want to based that statement on a single experience? No thank you but hey to each its own.

13th Apr, 2014 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Mormon General Local Leader's Inspiration Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

international QUOTE (Suzie_Su)

Ok then is just your opinion.

Yes, it is my opinion. Can you prove it wrong?
international QUOTE

And how they proved themselves exactly in your opinion?

By years of faithful service to the Church, without either falling away, going inactive, or apostatizing from the Church.
international QUOTE

Because we are all humans (Fallible) checking in other humans and measuring whether they have less or more liable to err than the rest? That's silly.

What would you do? Call inactives and apostates to be General Authorities? "That's silly."
international QUOTE

Actually no. You want to based that statement on a single experience? No thank you

Do you have more experiences that you can refer to? Criticize me when you have done more research than I have.
international QUOTE

but hey to each its own.

Thank-you.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon General And Local Leader's Inspiration

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,