ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 152 of 279

I would like to use part of my trade credit - Page 152 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Dec, 2015 - 4:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 279 pgs.  148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2015 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 152

Theaton smiles at Tyg, "While I enjoy your harmless pranks and think they are attimes funny I think that my companion Zork is not finding them soo. I do now that he is trying to get more cold iron to keep you and your friend more at bay. Maybe I can talk to him and see if he will leave you a nice donation so that you leave him out of your pranks for awhile. As far as the mushrooms I will think aboutthat but they can be very useful for the bandits that we will encounter in the south. I would rather see you vist me at night night and help me learn the sylvian language. We stil have two days together before I am back to the trading post. Come sit on my shoulder as we travel." Turning to Bal, "My thanks my lady stay safe down there and see what you can find out for me. I will meet you again by the fallen bridge and talk to you more then." Theaton turns and heads back towards Olegs so he can once again meet with his companions and let them know what he has found out. "White fang scout about and see that our way back is clear."

Sponsored Links:
26th Dec, 2015 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

In Character: Zork thanks the brother for his wisdom and is glad to help him also inquire about the possibilities of using holy water against the fey.

The next day when Oleg arrives it reminds him of an old village custom he once saw where this white bearded man dressed in robes would bring presents for the children. Zork feels just like a kid at the moment. When he sees the large dog he says instantly, "I'll take him!" he looks him over from the box talking to him and getting him to settle. He asks Oleg, "Has he a name?"

Zork is very thrilled with the cold iron trinkets. He uses all placing them about his body his horse, his belongings and now on the collar of his new guard dog!

Zork hands over 180 gps to Oleg and comments, "This is my best purchase from you yet!"

Out of Character: Do I need to roll to get the dog to implicitly obey my instructions or is this just assumed? I will choose some feats in the character thread.

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2015 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

22 Desnus
"I will take 3 of journals, an inkpen, and some ink," I state, handing her 40 gold. "Thank you Svetlana." After procuring the materials I go to my tent and work on copying the shadings as well as making notes and speculations on the former inhabitants of the area and their two-handed spear and shield technique of fighting.

23 Desnus
As Oleg pulls out the dog I comment, "Very nice! What a handsome dog. I am sure he will be a boon companion Zork!" When Oleg hands the box to me I thank him, "Many thanks Oleg! I am sure Burke and Piter will be quite happy with the reading material for when they're not assisting you." After paying I head to Burke and Piter's room.

Knocking on the door, I carry the crate into the room upon being invited. "Oleg just returned! Here are a variety of books for you to peruse through. Maybe I will start a small library for all of the trading posts inhabitants in the near future! When you gentlemen are nearing completion or decide you would like to read some other books, just let me know which subject and I will order them," I state, smiling broadly.

Out of Character: I want it to be more of a field journal, does copying shadings and jotting down notes really require a craft check? I'm not looking to make it fancy with calligraphy and the like. I totally understand about the elementals, thank you for the clarification.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2015 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 152 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

After delivering the crate to Piter and Burke, I go grab the 2 longbows, 3 short swords, 3 sets of leather armor, the silver stag amulet, 2 bottles of vodka, and the composite longbow (+1 Strength rating). I approach Oleg and state, "So, while you were gone I did a little exploring on my own and ran into a group of bandits. How much can I get for this gear?"

29th Dec, 2015 - 7:14am / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Lord of the Dance says...

Oleg, did you make sure the letter was delivered and did you also get the materials I had requested?

29th Dec, 2015 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Master says...

Theaton 22nd, 23rd

Bal blows Theaton a kiss as you ride off north.

You talk as you travel and Tyg replies, "Oh, have it your way then. I can join you in the hills, but the grasslands aren't safe for a delicate lady like myself. There are literally no hiding spots and it's just boring grass for miles in each direction.
"Please do consider feeding the mushrooms to Zork, It's just a harmless prank and we can always find more if you wish to drug the bandits."

Oathday 23rd Desnus

Tyg leaves as you transition out of the hills into the grasslands. She says dramatically, "Every second without you will feel like an eternity. And every day like another life wasting away alone. I will see you again!" She clicks her fingers and turns invisible. You can see small splashes where she steps and the outline of her small body in the rain, but it fades as she hops away.

The never-ending downpour hits even more heavily. As you approach the trading post, White Fang barks as he sniffs at the air. It seems he had a scent of another wolf but lost it soon after. In this rain you can't see any enemies nearby.
It is almost night when you reach the trading post, tired and fatigued.

Party 23rd

Oleg tells Zork that the trainer called him both Killer and Grizzly on account of his ferocity and size. The Cold Iron added to random bits of armor and belongings gives everything an haphazard look. Oleg is just happy that he can be of service to someone who has helped rid the area of bandits and graciously accepts the payment.

Burke and Piter thank Archival for the books and wish they could repay him somehow. Piter says this is a good selection of interesting topics and Burke goes straight for an illustrated tract and starts reading.

Oleg offers 190 for the weapons, 15 for the armor, 5 for the vodka and 10 for the amulet only good for melting down into something else, since he hates that symbol and anyone wearing it. So 220 gold total.

Turning to Grogdrol, Oleg replies, "Yes, I did! Greg told me that he will be sending someone here. I'm surprised they haven't been here yet. I hope they didn't get waylaid.
"As for the supplies, I have set up regular shipments to come here and will keep a small stockpile without going overboard. I don't want to blow up my own place, after all. I brought a box full of materials with me. I can sell them for 60 gold."
Looking at the contents, Grogdrol can see enough supplies to make 10 cartridges.

In the afternoon the rain has come pouring even heavier. The peal of distant thunder can be heard as the gates creak open to reveal a rider and animal. A flash of lightning lights the scene and you all see Theaton has returned.

Not long later, during dinner another rider enters. This man is clad all in black with a black scarf covering his mouth and head. He comes into the Levetons' house where dinner is held, surveys the faces staring at him and nods to Grogdrol, handing him a small pouch of clinking coins. With that he leaves, mounts and gallops off into the night, heading east. Grogdrol counts 20 platinum coins in the bag.

Out of Character: Zork does need to roll Handle Animal and it takes a move action (Since it's not an Animal Companion unlike Theaton's wolf). However the Difficulty Class is only 10 for tricks it knows, so you will pass on a roll of 3 or higher. It's harder to get it to do something it doesn't know, so-called 'pushing' an animal, like if you want it to Track something, you have to roll a DC 20, but you can retry.
If you take a look at Handle Animal skill page and go to Train Animal for a Purpose, then see Combat Training, that has a list of the tricks it knows. By default (No action needed) it will attack anyone you attack or anyone that attacks you, whichever happens first.

I wanted Archival's craft check mostly as a d20 roll to see how impressive the work is or will be when the Chief Surveyor sees it. I will take Charisma into account, but that will only mean the style is very artistic and convincing. You could try rolling Perform Poetry but then it won't be an academic report.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Dec, 2015 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 152

Theaton greets everyone and then proceeds to tell them what he has found out about the main bandit hide out and where it is located. He will tell them that he has eyes on the place to give us a better count of how many people we may be dealing with down there. After that he will tell Zork. The Fey are not very happy with you but they may leave you alone a bit more if you give them a nice token. The cold iron I see upon you may help some but I think they will persist until you make peace with them.

29th Dec, 2015 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #
Grogdrol Hammerhand
GunslingerMusket Maste...
Character
Lieutenant / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Abroad Abroad

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 152

Lord of the Dance says...

I would like to use part of my trade credit for the materials.

Out of Character Then I will start to work on making the cartridges.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.