ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 202 of 279

"I am Yarrow," replies the humanoid. - Page 202 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th May, 2016 - 8:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 279 pgs.  198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th May, 2016 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 202

"True. As is I have already used a summoning and one of my strongest spells for the day. If we happen upon the keep and decide to assault it today, further combat beforehand would be folly."

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2016 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

The Tatzlwyrm does not threaten you at all, dragging away its prey under an overhang to consume it. It doesn't follow you during your journey south in the hour of remaining daylight, nor during the brief thunderstorm that washes over your camp, nor throughout the peaceful night by the river.

Oathday 20 Sarenith

A brief but light rain at sunrise delays the pack up of camp, but soon you are armed and armoured and heading southwards towards the promised lake. Two hours later another light rain causes everyone some discomfort.

Descending into a muddy valley you hear a splash in the water to your left. From the river emerges Bal, with an almost identical twin, save for her clothes which are a thick coat made entirely of seaweed and studded with shell and bone.

Behind them emerges a vaguely humanoid creature, looking like an upright salamander as tall as a man and with tendrils draping its chin, resembling the beard of an eccentric hermit. Its slick algae-green skin is covered by a long black coat with holes and patches and covered in muck. It carries a gnarled staff in its webbed hand, sharpened at the top. It looks towards you with red eyes as it forms up beside the other two.

Then a 6 foot long creature resembling something between a crab and turtle lumbers onto the shore. It has two pincers and a sideways beak, with beady black eyes spaced all around its body, under its shell. It slowly waddles up with its flippers for legs to stand in line.

Finally a beautiful lady walks up the shore, draped in white cloth like a toga with dark brown hair dripping water and green eyes. She avoids the crab-like creature as she stands behind Bal and the other fey, their shorter statures only reaching her chest in height.

For a few seconds they talk between each other in a guttural yet flowing language, Aquan, before the beautiful lady addresses you. In a gentle voice she says, "Greetings allies-to-be. Bal here has come to all of us with desperate pleas for help. This regards the men settled not far from the lakeside, who we would all love to see gone, and potentially killed as punishment and to prevent the waters of the lake to be sullied by them forever. I believe all of us gathered today hold the means to do this and it would be a pleasure to help."

"Except," interrupts the salamander-like humanoid in a croaky voice speaking in simple but fluent Common tongue. He continues with an Aquan word you don't recognise but seems to be a name for the crab-like creature, "The Tojanida wants pay for mercenary work and the risk involved. He asks for one hundred standard sized platinum pieces. And if he deserves pay like that, I think I do too, as the sole representative of my peoples here."

Post Date: 9th May, 2016 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton steps forward. "We are not seeking allies who demand pay. I asked Bal to gather those who would be willing to assist us in removing the bad people form the fort. We want you to be peaceful in your lake and rivers. We want you to be free to enjoy life without bad people killing you or taking your homes from you. My companions and myself want to see these people removed. IF by chance we get some treasure from said fort we will share it with our allies. IF you fight with us it is as allies and not as mercenaries. It is your free choice and not a demand."

Post Date: 9th May, 2016 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 202 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"It is as Theaton says - we seek to rid the land of the Staglord and his bandits. We have been chartered to complete this task by the Swordlords of Restov. An equal share of any found treasure is more than generous. Considering as it stands they are a bigger threat to you and yours than to us, we are doing you a service in addition to the Swordlords. If you would rather not fight, it is understandable and no ill will shall be held toward you by me. We will accomplish the task we have come to do regardless."

10th May, 2016 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

The tendril-chinned humanoid translates and the Tojanida snaps its claws idly and the eyes all around its body blink out of tandem while deep in thought. The lady at the back offers more words in Aquan, but it makes up its mind, replying and turning away on its flippers and slowly waddling away.

She translates, "He doesn't like the disrespect of not being paid upfront and then doubted his own usefulness. He also hates the grass as it's itchy and gets under his shell."

The humanoid also responds, "But I am happy with the offer. An equal share is more than enough, so long as it includes weapons and other gear along with the less useful shiny circles."

Bal says something to the lady, who again translates, "My shorter friends here are happy to take smaller shares if you feel they will not put up enough of a fight. They certainly seem to doubt their abilities in combat, though I have seen Neenah control water quite forcefully."

At the mention of her name, Bal's twin waves and smiles.

10th May, 2016 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Zork looks on but stays absolutely quiet and still. He was never one to entertain strange creatures and more especially with the fey there he knows opening his mouth will only sour things so he looks on and follows when the part moves.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th May, 2016 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 202

Theaton will smile and bow to those still there. "My Friends I am glad that you are willing to put forth any effort in this battle. Know that all will receive equal share of the spoils be it arms, armor or circles of metal. Now let us work out a plan where we all contribute to bring these bad people down." Theaton will approach them closer and smile at Bal and Tyg. "You two can help me with who can do what." Looking at the Lady Theaton addresses her, I am Theaton and these are my companions, Zork, Archival, Mykael and Kesten. I hope that you all learn that we can be great Allies. Lets move down closer to the lake and the fort and make plans accordingly."

12th May, 2016 - 8:20am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 202

Game Master says...

"I am Yarrow," replies the humanoid.

"And I am Arnisa of the lake," Replies the lady with a beaming smile. "You've already met Bal, and Neenah is from this river which flows into my lake. I'm sure we will work well together."

Discussion takes place as you continue to travel. Bal says it's safe to talk as you're about a day away from the fort.

During the talks you learn that Yarrow is a competent warrior, using his gnarled staff as a spear, and combining it with bites from his wide mouth. He combines this with both hindering and helpful innate magical abilities.

Bal, as a nixie, can appear very friendly to other people by magical means and grant others the ability to breathe water, but isn't exactly one to get in a fight. However, being more closely connected to the First World, the realm of the fey, weapons not made of cold iron do her less harm and she can even deflect some spells. Neenah has the same abilities and has also learned to harness the power of water offensively and defensively.

Arnisa says that she has a similar but more powerful ability, possibly convincing people to leave the fort. She's also fast and resistant to fire, as well as able to communicate telepathically. She's not useless in combat, able to hold on to opponents while others attack, but wants to avoid being injured.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.