ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 213 of 279

Seeing Mykael has taken several hits, I spring - Page 213 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Jun, 2016 - 5:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 279 pgs.  209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
3rd Jun, 2016 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 213

Ignoble says...

Mykael moves along with Theaton and runs toward the gate, if possible he will try to intercept and engage the two men who are hurrying back toward the safety of the fort.

Out of Character: : As Mykael approaches can he sense any evil, and if so can he tell if one aura is stronger than the others?

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+4): 18 (1 roll)
  • Attack (longsword) on D20 (+10): 26, 21 (2 rolls)
  • Damage on D8 (+3): 7, 11 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
5th Jun, 2016 - 4:35am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

The bandits react quickly. Jex begins running back up the path and Norry joins him at the gate. The bandit in the tower above the elementals leans out the side and fires, as does the bandit in the northwest tower, but both miss. The grey-haired man also takes a shot, hitting (1st elemental 8 damage) and in a surprised tone says, "Elementals? Here? How?"
The two elementals see the staircase and decide the larger threat is there. Archival's next three elementals target the two entering the fort instead. One slam connects, knocking the fat bandit out cold.
The party begins to charge towards the fort. Zork lets loose two arrows on his bumpy ride, one hits the watchtower's wall, the other veers left. Theaton maintains position at 300 feet and fires at the thin bandit standing out the front. Amazingly for the distance, one arrow hits (Jex 3 damage).
A rather large, brutish bandit stands up on the stone platform, surveying the scene. In a slow and deep tone, he asks, "What going on? What do?"

The shouting from the lakeside stops and in his head Theaton hears Arnisa, "Is the fight starting? Should we come over to help?".
The grey haired bandit answers his dim-witted ally, "Ox! Get over here and make sure those things don't get up this watchtower!" He moves and shoots at the same elemental, as does the bandit with him, but both miss. Two bandits come out the side room, targeting the same elemental (1st elemental 5 damage). Jex retaliates against the three (4th elemental 5 damage). An arrow from the far tower plinks harmlessly against Mykael's armour and another arrow from the northwest tower hits an elemental (4th elemental 5 damage).
From within the fort, Archival hears the clack of metal and a voice shout, "Beaky! Get up! Go catch some lunch!"
Everybody hears an all-too-familiar earthshaking "Hoot!" as an Owlbear charges at the three elementals by the gate. It swipes at the closest one, grabbing it in one swift motion (3rd elemental 7 damage and grappled).
Archival's elementals react. One hits Jex, flooring him. Two hit the Owlbear (Beaky 30 damage) and of the last two, one hits a bandit into unconsciousness with one bandit still blocking the path.
The party continues to run towards the fort, Zork's arrows still miss, one twangs in the tower roof, just above a bandit's head.
Finally, the slow, lumbering bandit moves across the walkway above then down the stairs, ready to defend the tower.

More arrows come towards Mykael, clinking off his breastplate. A very lucky sword slash cuts the first elemental's head (1st elemental 9 damage) and it's badly injured.
Mykael reaches the gate first, coming face to face with the Owlbear and surrounded by the elementals trying to attack it.
The Owlbear lets go to free up its hands for more attacks, biting and clawing madly (3rd elemental 30 damage) destroying an elemental.
A stray dagger comes flying from behind the cage door, clattering against the ground.
Zork rides in next, another arrow uselessly hitting the side of the watchtower, and Yarrow carefully dismounts. Theaton is running up, still 60 feet away.
The two elementals fighting the Owlbear must be fazed by their comrade's violent dismissal as they both miss. The badly injured elemental desperately attacks, smashing open a bandit's skull. "Brains! Icky!" says the large bandit called Ox but changes his expression when he's hit as well (Ox 12 damage).
Ox retaliates with his club, directed by his leader above to hit the injured one. His powerful swing catches it (11 damage) and it turns back to dirt. The large man laughs childishly saying "I did it! I did it!"

A booming but muffled voice shouts somewhere from within, "Ugh! What is all this noise? What is going on!" before you hear glass smash and a string of curse words.
The bandit behind the cage door, a pale man dressed in black leathers and multiple piercings, answers "Sorry to bother you this early, my lord, but we have some intruders!"

Out of Character: So Zork was at first shooting from 480 feet then at 230 feet away. Since the bow has a range increment of 110 feet, that gave you a -8 and -4 to attacks. Theaton at 300 feet had a -4 too. A longbow's absolute maximum range is actually 1100 feet with a -20 penalty so it's up to you at what distance you're comfortable shooting.
Riding at a running pace, Zork also had a further -8 penalty. It sounds like a lot, but consider that Theaton had to stop entirely before shooting.

Most of you are in the fort now (Except for some of your fey allies). Theaton is a short walk away, but is able to target those in the towers (Who still have cover). Let's go for only one round of combat before I have the opportunity to introduce the man who's been a thorn in Restov's side for a long time.
(Mykael I'll let you keep your first roll). I think if you miss, I might skip describing it.
Map in a few minutes.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2016 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I summon a Faun and direct it, in Sylvan, to use Panpipes to Hideous Laughter the brute. If more than one is summoned, I direct them to each use Panpipes and Hideous Laughter on different enemies.

Out of Character:
Faun
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 Dexterity, +3 natural)
HP 19, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +6
DR 2/cold iron
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +5 (1d4+4/19-20)
Ranged shortbow +4 (1d6/x3)
Panpipes (Su): Three times per day, a faun can use its masterwork panpipes to augment its spell-like abilities. Doing so is a swift action that increases the DC of the next spell-like ability it uses on its turn by +2.
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd; Concentration +6):
At will - Ghost Sound (DC 13)
1/day - Hideous Laughter (DC 14), Sleep (DC 14)
Diehard, Weapon Finesse, Point-Blank Shot (+1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranges weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet - not added into listed stats).
ST 18, DX 16, CN 17, IQ 11, WS 14, CH 17
BAB +1, CMB +5, CMD 18
Senses: Low-Light Vision; Perception +8

My creatures will always use their Panpipes ability prior to using their spell-like abilities. This brings their DC's up to 15 for Ghost Sound, 16 for Hideous Laughter, and 16 for Sleep.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2016 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 213 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton tells Arnisa that yes the fighting has started any help they can provide while not getting injured would be very helpful. Theaton will now target the towers to stop them from shooting arrows at us. Beginning with closest tower using his feats so that will be a +5 instead of the +7.

White Fang will attack the closet bandit or owlbear.

6th Jun, 2016 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

With each missed arrow Zork sulks and says to himself, "Sure as hell won't try that again!"

Zork decides to target that slow talking bandit as he might be a fight. He orders Grizzly at him to bite and trip if possible but hopes to get his second set of arrows off before Grizzly gets there.

Zork shouts, "Where are the 'friends'?" Making reference to those that had aligned themselves to making an attack on the fort.

Out of Character: In other words Zork will fire arrows before sending Grizzly and then fires another set while ordering Grizzly's attack.

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 13 (1 roll + explode)
  • Grizzly perception on D20 (+5): 15 (1 roll + explode)
  • Bow attack on D20 (+7): 20, 27(+10), 23, 15, 24, 27(+15) (6 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D8 (+5): 6, 11, 9, 13, 10, 13 (6 rolls)
  • Grizzly attack on D20 (+3): 20, 16, 23(+14), 19, 20, 15 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Grizzly damage on D6 (+3): 5, 9, 7, 9, 9, 8 (6 rolls)
  • Grizzly initiative on D20 (+2): 14 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Zork initiative on D20 (+1): 16 (1 rolls + explode)
  • Random range: D100: 86, 99 // D20: 1, 5 // D12: 8, 11 // D10: 3, 2 // D8: 5, 6 // D6: 3, 2 // D4: 1, 1 // D2: 1, 2

7th Jun, 2016 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Ignoble says...

Mykael’s eyes fall onto the owlbear and with a look of determination he stalks forward, shield up, swinging and twirling his longsword in a display of skill and confidence. Nearing the owlbear, Mykael brings his shield up to block any retaliation from the creature as he stabs his sword out trying to gut the creature.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jun, 2016 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 213

Game Master says...

The bandits in the towers fire and an arrow injures Kesten (Kesten 6 damage).
Yarrow waves his free hand and a blast of water knocks the Owlbear west 5 feet, creating more space for people to enter the fort. "Is that enough for you, Zork?"
Grizzly moves away from the Owlbear, but it takes an opportunity attack with its claw, scratching the dog's hindquarters (Grizzly 10 damage). The dog shakes off the damage and heads for Ox, biting him in the leg (Ox 5 damage).
Mykael moves up to the owlbear and slashes its foreleg (Beaky 7 damage).
The Owlbear retaliates, with Mykael being the closest target who actually injured it. He gets slashed with a claw and bitten by its sharp beak (Mykael 15 damage).
The bandit all in black behind the cage door attempts to throw another dagger, hitting an elemental (5th elemental 5 damage).
A group of goat-legged men spring from nowhere and begin playing panpipes. Two bandits stay strong, but the big one falls down, clutching his sides and laughing. The two elementals pummel the Owlbear (Beaky 25 damage) knocking it out and moving south, while the last hits the prone brute (Ox 13 damage) knocking him out too.
Zork's target would be the bandit in black, the cage door providing partial cover. Despite the metal bars, both arrows fly true, the second hitting right between the eyes and penetrating all the way through (49 damage). He falls to his knees, whispers "Too soon," and slumps forward, dead.
Of 4 of Theaton's arrows, one hits (NE bandit 8 damage) while the wood wall of the tower protects against the others. White Fang sees no immediate threats and follows Grizzly, running part way up the stairs.

Arnisa then begins shouting in Theaton's head "Eep! The undead are back! We're surrounded and they keep coming! We need help!" Looking at the east hillside, about 200 feet away, the three fey helpers are fighting a small horde of Zombies, with more clawing their way out of the ground.

Then from the shadows deeper in the fort emerges a stumbling form. The light between the beams reveals the grand stag skull helmet covering his face. Through the cage door you can also see leathers that cover his arms and legs but reveal a muscled and scarred chest. He also holds a bow which he raises and points forward, but his arm sways side to side drunkenly. Seeing the body before him, he shouts, "No! Dovan! What have they done!" His aim stops at Mykael, saying, "This is for my men," and he looses an arrow (Mykael 12 damage).

The grey haired bandit hears this, saying, "You've defeated most of our men and our beast. We have almost lost and I can take on the Stag Lord. Just call off your elementals, dog and wolf and let me join you against his oppression."
The bandit behind him says, "I can't believe it! The second in command a traitor! The Stag Lord will have you flayed!"

Out of Character: It will be Handle Animal checks (Down trick) to call off the pets if you want to.
Everyone, give me 1 more round (No need for initiative, please use the correct number of attacks).
Map update when I wake up (If I remember).

EDIT: I was about to post anyway, was just rechecking text. 100% coincidence Mykael did what I expected just minutes before I posted.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 7th Jun, 2016 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2016 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 213

Seeing Mykael has taken several hits, I spring into action and summon a lyrakien azata! "Instruct the elementals not to harm that grey haired man and please heal my friend!" I implore in Celestial, pointing at Mykael.

Nodding, the tiny outsider flies forward, using its truespeech to direct the elementals. It then reaches out and places its hands on Mykael, attempting to cure some of his wounds.

"Use your Panpipes and attempt to sleep the enemies, ignore the grey haired man - he has surrendered!" I instruct the Fauns in Sylvan.

Out of Character:
Lyrakien Azata
AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 12 (+4 Dexterity, +2 size)
HP 25, Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +7
DR 5/evil; Immune to electricity and petrification; Resist Cold 10, Resist Fire 10
Speed 30 ft., fly 80 ft. (Perfect)
Melee slam +4 (1d2-1)
Starlight Blast(Su): Standard action once every 1d4 round, may tap into the divine power of Elysium, unleashing a blast of holy starlight in a 5-foot burst. All creatures in this area take 1d4 points of holy damage, plus 1 point for each step their alignment deviates from chaotic good. A DC 14 Reflex save negates this damage. Chaotic good creatures are unaffected by this ability.
Traveler's Friend (Su): Once per day, a creature may spend a minute listening to a lyrakien's performance - doing so removes the effects of exhaustion and fatigue from the listener.
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd; Concentration +8):
Constant - Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Freedom of Movement
At will - Dancing Lights, Daze (DC 15), Summon Instrument, Ventriloquism (DC 16)
1/day - Cure Light Wounds, Lesser Confusion (DC 16), Silent Image (DC 16)
1/week - Commune (6 questions, CL 12th)
Diehard, Agile Maneuvers, Improved Initiative
ST 9, DX 19, CN 16, IQ 14, WS 17, CH 20
BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 14
Senses: darkvision 60 ft., Detect Evil, Detect Magic, low-light vision, Perception +8
Languages: Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; Truespeech.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.