ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 222 of 279

As though your words have an effect on reality - Page 222 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jun, 2016 - 3:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 279 pgs.  218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 222

Out of Character: Wait… My elementals didn't hit that guy at all? Because that's who they were already focusing.

Sponsored Links:
25th Jun, 2016 - 11:04am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

Out of Character: If you are talking about the wolverine then one of the elementals finished it off. For some reason I missed that too.

26th Jun, 2016 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Game Master says...

Theaton ascends back up the stairs and Arnisa replies that the two fey haven't awoken yet. As Mykael draws a torch and flint, Kesten notices and copies.

The Archon fires its beams into the swarm, but two measly bats falling to their death do nothing to abate the swarm. Then the Lyrakien Azata flies in close and a burst of sparkling stars surround her, striking multiple bats which fall to the ground (Swarm 4 damage, 3 round recharge). One faun follows Theaton out, the other ventures deeper, away from the bats.
Then the swarm flies low, leaving the Archon alone, but surround Mykael and the Lyrakien, biting and drawing blood. (Bleed included: Zork 1, Kesten 6, 1st Faun 1, 2nd Faun 1, Archon 1, Mykael 1, Azata 6 damage)

Two torches' flames are kindled, held by Zork and Mykael. Kesten struggles as he bats away the bats.

Out of Character: Sorry for the delay, busy weekend. Theaton and Archival can have actions if they wish to take them. Zork and Mykael I will need more attack rolls with an improvised weapon now (-4 penalty), and more Fortitude saves against distraction. Swarms aren't easy with the wrong equipment.

The elementals got badly distracted, but as Zork said, one hit.

Map not updated, but maybe when I get up.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 26th Jun, 2016 - 3:25pm

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2016 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 222 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"If this spell was summoned by that person - we should be able to escape it and wait it out instead of taking needless danger. With Zork having ensured the dispatching of the enemy, I suggest we head to the other trapdoor and explore its environs. We can return to this area safely later." I ask the lantern archon to alert the elementals to follow along.

Out of Character: Yup, I totally missed that. Thank you for pointing it out! I suppose I'll make a Spellcraft check to see if Archival knows what spell was cast.

My summons should be nearing their end, so I'll move with a purpose (They last 5 minutes right now, so 50 rounds). I lost count of the rounds!

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2016 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton is going to go back to the prisoners to make sure they have not tried anything. No sense being in a spell area of effect until it has abated.

27th Jun, 2016 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Out of Character: Don't forget Zork's earlier action with building a fire, etc.

In Character: Zork continues to use his flame at the bats purposely trusting it into them as he sees them. He fans his fire - the smoke should be making them want to escape, the rest will hopefully lay low as bats flutter high.

Out of Character: not sure how I go about using improvised weapon is it just a d20 with -4? I will just roll that. Not sure what damage is caused either I guess a D4?

Zork II Results:
  • Fortitude save on D20 (+9): 15, 20 (2 rolls + explode)
  • Attack on D20 (-4): 4, 13, 2, 1, 2, 11 (6 rolls + explode)
  • Damage on D4 (+0): 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2 (6 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jun, 2016 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 222

Ignoble says...

Mykael nods in Archival's direction, "Archival is right, fall back to the courtyard!" he calls out and tries to guide those that do not have torches lit behind him and Kesten as he uses the torch to keep the bats at bay. Once everyone is behind the torch line he begins to move back toward safety keeping the torch up and swinging it back and forth to discourage the bats from getting close, swatting at any that come near.

Out of Character: : The SRD shows a club (Which is basically what I assume a torch would be used as in this case) as doing 1d6 damage; not sure if there would be fire damage added or not.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Attack w/Torch on D20 (+4): 10 (1 roll)
  • Damage on D6 (+3): 8 (1 roll)

28th Jun, 2016 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 222

Game Master says...

As though your words have an effect on reality (Or I reread the spell description) the screeching stops and the bats vanish from existence. Zork and Mykael only manage to swipe at the thin air. Archival pieces together that this was a Summon Swarm cast in a druidic fashion, and so was the animal transformation; certainly not that of a werewolf or other lycanthrope.

Mykael, Zork and Kesten bleed from their multiple bites and lacerations (1 bleed) and have the opportunity to bind themselves now that the swarm is gone. Kesten tears his tunic and binds the worst cuts, stopping the flow of blood. I'll take heal checks from anyone helping bind wounds.

Back upstairs, the other Lyrakien informs everyone the other passage leads some tens of feet to a stone trapdoor and out onto the hillside.

In the cellar, the old man's body has returned to its frail human form and he holds little apart from a club, tattered clothing and an intricately braided rope girdle around his waist. The barrels, crates and furs around you have a layer of dust and some cobwebs fallen from the ceiling during the fight.

Out of Character: I did mention Zork lit his torch, did you want a larger fire?
In future swarms are resistant (Rats) or immune (Bats, spiders) to weapon damage, but the flame would have done 1 fire. For some reason the rules treat it as a gauntlet, so 1d3 actually, not sure I like that though, considering clubs are technically cheaper.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.