ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 227 of 279

"Does situation really change the severity - Page 227 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Jul, 2016 - 9:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 279 pgs.  223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
4th Jul, 2016 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 227

Ignoble says...

"This is perhaps not the best venue, nor the proper time to address the issue of justice in this matter." Mykael says as he turns from Akiros to address the others "While I agree with Archival that the charter does appear to grant us the authority to dispense such justice it is important that in doing so we consider the totality of the circumstances, especially when we consider the question of whether or not this is truly a case of repentance. We would do well to return to the issue after we have rested and had the opportunity to delve into the matter further. Sometimes the dispensation of justice requires haste, but I don't believe that this is the case here.

He did say that he has a journal that details who their victims were and I think it is only right to return those valuables to their original owners if at all possible. Again, something that may be addressed after we have had some time to recover."

He gives Akiros another baleful glance, one he has reserved for traitors whom he views as being among the lowest form of criminal, before he continues "I agree with Zork though, this one should be bound and watched carefully until a decision is made." Despite his words urging the party to reserve judgement, it seems he is having trouble doing so himself. While Piter and Burke were caught up in such a lifestyle as well, they were simple farmers who, while they made bad decisions, did so to survive; at least so far as Mykael could tell. Akiros, on the other hand was a soldier, a crusader who cast off his duties out of anger at his ambition that went unfulfilled. Piter and Burke were pawns, but this man coordinated the efforts of the bandits; Akiros was no pawn. In Mykael's eyes, this increased Akiros' culpability for his crimes.

Mykael then assists with the bodies of the fallen, saying a prayer over each one thanking Iomedae for granting the party victory and asks that the souls of the fallen find their way to whatever plane that their actions have earned them.

He makes no move to claim any of the items. He admires the Stag Lords sword and sees that it is more finely crafted than his own, but it lacks the symbol of his goddess that adorns his own sword and so he has little inclination to attempt to claim it at this time. Perhaps one day he will have a sword crafted that sports his goddess' symbol and rivals the Stag Lords sword in terms of craftsmanship, but until then he is loathe to exchange his sword for another.

"I take no issue with you claiming this place" Mykael responds to Archival "Without your summoning ability it's doubtful we would have been successful in taking it."

Sponsored Links:
5th Jul, 2016 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

"It was an unrestrainable anger I have since honed as a weapon," Akiros replies. "Both were caravan guards who had killed one of the men with me. I just let loose."
He lifts his arms together, ready to be bound.

Caelum would have been summoned there for some of the story. He gets the same impression as Zork; there might be something embarrassing that he left out, but the rest is true and his emotions are genuine.

It actually takes another hour for 3 more bandits to come to and if you want to wait for the last, another 2 after that. You get the names Falgrim, Dirty Jeb, Ox, Jex, Ayles, Fat Norry.

It's morbid work for them, but they do take the bodies to the lake.

Out of Character: I have to write up inventory yet again?

5th Jul, 2016 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Second says...

Out of Character: You listed it good Dungeon Master, I'm actually trying to understand what the group wants. There is a divide about prisoner treatment and the fort it seems.

In Character: "Let's finalize this! I say we take all as prisoners. No matter how repentant and nice they seem they need to be bound and watched.

If our allies wish to keep the fort then they will need to keep some of the supplies to maintain it. Otherwise we need to burn it to the ground so it does not become another bandit hideout.

We need to get the wagon fixed and repaired if we cannot carry the loot on us, if not just get the two spare horses and let's get out of here!"

Zork waits a bit to see if everyone is getting ready, if they are not he leaves and starts negotiating with the allies himself, starting out with, "What do you want to take and the fort?"

5th Jul, 2016 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Page 227 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael binds Akiros' hands (CMB is +8) then addresses Zork with a nod "I agree with you on the prisoner situation. As I said, this is not really the proper time or place to make any determinations regarding their guilt or the genuineness of their repentance; they need to be bound and watched until we are able to readdress the situation. I'm disinclined to support razing this structure, however, when a member of the party has expressed an interest in maintaining it."

Mykael turns to Archival "Zork does have a valid concern though about leaving this place unattended for any length of time. How do we ensure it does not play host to other bandits or creatures in our absence without razing it? I would hate to have to assault this place all over again."

Mykael leaves negotiation regarding how the loot is divided among the allies to someone else but he does express a desire to rest and recover before leaving and points out that despite the healing he has received, he is still pretty beat up at this point and wouldn't be much good in a fight if they came across any encounters on their way back.

He likes Zorks idea of fixing the wagon to haul what loot/supplies they do manage to take away from the fort, though he admits that he has no skill when it comes to repairing such things.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2016 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton speaks up. "We will divide the treasure and pack up to move in the morning. I would like to know if there is a schedule of resupply to this fort? We will want to make sure that when others come to the fort to deliver their ill gotten goods that we make sure they are taken in custody and no longer a threat to the lands. Either way we need to spend the night here let those who have spells refresh with a night of sleep. I will go get out horses and bring them into the fort." Theaton heads out of the fort to get the horses.

Out of Character: Theaton would like the +1 Composite Long bow with the +2 strength damage. I think we divide the other goods and make sure all get a fair share after the fey take their fair share.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 6th Jul, 2016 - 1:29am

6th Jul, 2016 - 11:52am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

Out of Character: Akiros has a silver sword, I might like to have that if I can get it identified. He also has chain mail and amulets. I will like the cure potion - anyone against?

In Character: He asks Akiros, "Tell me about this sword and your armor, what is special about them?" He also finds it strange that with such a sword made in all silver he did not attempt to kill the wolverine before.

Out of Character: Here is a list of other items: here. I think we should just collect and sell so we can actually buy what we need.

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 20 (1 roll)
  • Sense motive on D20 (+0): 5 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jul, 2016 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 227

Game Master says...

Out of Character: 2 quick clarifications.

The silver sword is just the shape of the amulet, no longer than 4 inches and not sharp. It's the holy symbol of Iomedae, a popular goddess in other nations and Mykael's patron.

When you check, the wagons are literally in pieces with 5 wheels still whole and a few poles that were axles. You would need quite some time to build it or be a skilled wagon crafter, which incidentally an old character was before she disappeared.

Now that you have rested some time I will provide XP in the next post, but that may be delayed depending on my workload.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2016 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 227

"Does situation really change the severity of a sin, Mykael? We have had existential discussions in the past, and this is one I would love to have too," I state, smiling. "I think honest repentance and seeking to right one's wrongs is what is truly important. The man breaking free of the Stag Lord's terror was certainly a first step along that road, in my opinion."

"Good point about the potential of resupply trains and what not, Theaton. I suppose since I am requesting the fort and no one is objecting, that responsibility for it remaining secure falls to me. As such, Caelum and I will stay here and guard it while you all return with the prisoners to Oleg's."

"Zork, the man that turned into a wolverine was likely a fallen Druid. They are mighty individuals capable of doing everything we saw and more."

"Kesten, I recall you once offering a reward for the capture of Sneeg alive or dead, with alive being a greater reward. What were the exact offerings and do you have any stipulations on them? Also, how much do you think it would cost to hire some guards for this structure? You would have a deeper insight than myself in such matters."

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.