ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 245 of 279

Mykael’s mother gives him a big hug and - Page 245 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2016 - 4:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 279 pgs.  241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2016 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 245

... They can smell my location! I recall, somewhat worried. I will have to ensure there are enough targets to stop them from desiring to attack me. I focus upon the elemental plane of earth and call forth more guardians to assist me.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2016 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Out of Character: I made the changes on my character sheet you will be able to see it under equipment.

In Character: After a good night of sleep Theaton will again thank the dwarfs for their hospitality as he gets some break fast. He will tell them he may be spending a couple nights so keep his room ready.

Post Date: 21st Aug, 2016 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I focus and again manage to only draw forth one elemental. I must be too distracted to summon effectively, I think to myself. FOCUS Archival! The life of another rides on your success!

I have the new elemental appear behind a wolf attacking Midnight and Yarrow, flanking it and giving them each bonuses.

21st Aug, 2016 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Page 245 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

"I have not the gold anyway so I'm afraid I will have to cancel the order, but thank you for identifying these things." Zork then leaves to catch up with the rest.

Out of Character: Well I had gotten an offer of help and then did not see anything more so not sure how to move forward from here.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2016 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Lets see what the sword lords have to say plus we will be splitting that 5,000 gold reward so that gives us a bit more gold. Split between four people is 1,250 gold each correct?

22nd Aug, 2016 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Ignoble says...

Being denied the request to take Akiros back into his custody, Mykael will return to Hegin and advise him that, though the guard will allow them to meet with and interview Akiros, he was not able to bring him. Mykael apologizes for the inconvenience this may cause Hegin, but as Hegin pointed out they are dealing with a brother-in-arms even if he has fallen from grace.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Aug, 2016 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 245

Game Master says...

Diarmadhim

The elemental on the ground gets up, taking a bite (Elemental 3 damage). Both of them pummel their targets into the ground, leaving just 2 wolves left.
Yarrow begins to take control of Midnight, targeting the last two.

The badly injured wolf withdraws from combat as the last one bites it savagely and brings it back down to the ground (Elemental 7 damage).

Midnight comes charging in to kick at a wolf (Wolf 8 damage) and Yarrow's spear finishes it (Wolf 6 damage).
The elemental automatically begins chasing the running wolf as Yarrow waves a webbed hand towards the watery wall and it slowly descends to the normal trickling stream it was. You see the edges of your tents and bedrolls are soaked.

Out of Character: I almost wrote up an enemy that wasn't there! Congratulations on completely negating two critical hits! Would you be fine splitting XP with Yarrow? You are close to the others and will be able to catch up soon.

KNtoran

After a wash, Theaton finds the bed amazingly comfortable and warm, a steal for the 2 gold he paid, and drifts off on the best rest he had in ages. He dreams of the forest and glowing, dancing sprites. He dreams of fledgling cities and expansions into the very same forest. And he dreams of grand feasts in noble halls.

Txtrpg

The citizens in the bustling streets are actually no help at all, not being able to remember seeing the ranger or paladin. Even mentioning the wolf gets no looks of recognition. However they do guide you to a large stable and an inn run across the street, Benny's Stop.
The stable is a freestanding wooden structure, three streets surrounding it, with a field in the centre, designed in a roughly triangle shape to fill unused space in town. The 150 foot wide area is covered all around its perimeter and can house about a hundred horses as well as carriages and wagons.
The inn is much smaller, its frontage about 40 feet across, but its half-timbered and white infill structure rises up 3 storeys and two attic levels under its pointed wooden roof. Through the front window you can see a busy drinking hall.

It occurs to Zork that he stands out a bit in armour and traveller's clothes, whereas the merchants all around are dressed in flashy furs, colour clashing clothes and jingling jewellery. There are also two serious looking men in white attire and half-cloaks of deep yellow. A golden key amulet marks them as faithful of Abadar, god of civilization and trade. 

Benny greets you from behind the counter, behind which three other bartenders are madly trying to keep up with the orders for beers, wines and meads. “Rooms are 3 gold a night, and drinks are 1 silver. So what can I get you?”

Out of Character: The rooms in this building are actually quite cramped for the price, with just a bed, desk and oil lamp. The bath and latrines are communal. The stabling for your horse had already cost you 5 silver just to bring it into the stable and another 5 silver for the night.

You can reject the either service, but I'm hoping to just let the night pass so we can get to your reward.

Aericsteele

Hegin replies, “Just come back here and get me when you're ready. I will pray for guidance in this matter and hopefully my wife will be around to assist. We will be here, waiting. I'll have an initiate watch the chapel.”

With your goodbyes for the day, Mykael seeks out a familiar place, or should I say a familial place. When your mother opens the door, she squeals is surprise and joy. She rushes to prepare a small feast and bring everyone together and they pester you with questions about what you've been doing for the last two months.

Out of Character: You're welcome to expand your family background and roleplay them, but please keep it to one post as I'd like to move on to the next day.

23rd Aug, 2016 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 245

Ignoble says...

Mykael’s mother gives him a big hug and he returns her embrace and gives her a broad smile “Thank the gods, I was so worried” his mother announces as she gives Mykael a hearty shove that accomplishes little other than forcing an even broader smile from her son “you never wrote, you never sent any word, I thought you were dead!”

Mykael’s smile fades somewhat as he watches tears begin to well up in his mother’s eyes and then gently roll down her cheeks. He had been so caught up in his own life and his own adventures, he hadn’t even considered the fact that his mother’s feelings on the matter. The woman had raised him, and no doubt in her eyes, he was little more than a child dressed in armor when he left home.

“I’m sorry mother” he says and embraces her again then wipes away her tears. Kissing the top of her head Mykael brings her out to arms length and looks her over “But look at you, you’ve lost weight haven’t you?”

“From worrying” she replies, a smile returning to her face “come, I will prepare supper. Your father should be around here somewhere…”

The sound of feet on wood flooring draws Mykael’s attention to the doorway of his parent’s room where he sees his father standing, looking at him with piercing eyes. The look his father gives him forces the smile from his face. His father’s eyes are locked onto Mykael’s breastplate and for several excruciatingly uncomfortable moments of silence Mykael’s father says nothing before his eyes move up to meet with the eyes of his son.

“Where is your great uncle's armor?” his father says with a chilled tone. Again, there is silence as several heartbeats go by and the two mens eyes lock before Mykael replies

“Safe… locked in a chest at Oleg’s trading post along with his sword.”

Once more his father’s eyes glance at the breastplate emblazoned with Iomadae’s holy symbol “I’ve never known a Sword Lord to wear armor marked with Iomadae’s symbol.” Mykael’s eyes unconsciously glance down at his armor before they meet once again with his father's eyes, he is about to respond but his father cuts him off.

“Obviously you’re not a Sword Lord; I would have heard about it by now, but perhaps you believe wearing the armor of a Paladin will help you achieve your destiny faster somehow?”

“My destiny or the one you wish upon me father?”

His father’s face turns red in anger, and Mykael can feel his heart pounding in his chest. Never before had he spoken to his father in such a way; never had he been so bold. Mykael’s mother takes his hand in hers and pulls him toward the simple wooden table that dominates the hearth.

“Now come on” she says trying to ease the tension “come and sit down. Your father is very happy to see you” he shoots Mykael’s father a look warning him against further conflict with his son.

Throughout dinner, Mykael’s mother pesters him with questions about his time exploring the frontier and he answers honestly though downplays the incidents in which he was in any real danger, glossing over his encounter with the Stag Lord and the fact that the bandit lord nearly ended Mykael’s life. His father listens but says little throughout the meal; only shaking his head in apparent disappointment when Mykael tells of his conversion and becoming a paladin of the goddess Iomadae.

The feast having been eaten, Mykael’s mother begins clearing the table and washing the dishes while Mykael and his father sit at the table in uncomfortable silence until his father finally breaks it.

“I suppose there is nothing that prohibits a paladin of Iomadae from taking up the mantle of a Sword Lord, but what if they send you to the World Wound?” at this Mykael’s mother stops what she is doing and looks back at Mykael, anguish and anxiety in her eyes.

Mykael glances at his mother and then returns his gaze to his father “It is possible” he says “I know little of the World Wound, but I know enough to understand that if the World Wound is not closed the Sword Lords may become irrelevant anyway as the demonic hordes overtake the whole world. Have you considered though, father, that my destiny does not lie with the Sword Lords?”

“No, I have not considered that, and I’m surprised that you have. Your whole life has been in preparation for becoming a Sword Lord.”

“Again, father it seems to me that not my whole life, but yours has been in preparation for that. Up until a couple of months ago, my life was your life… rather a second chance for you to fulfill your dreams. You are not a Sword Lord father, why must I be?”

The face of Mykael’s father was beet red at this point and he was nearly shaking in his chair with rage. Mykael’s mother tried to interject before his father exploded, but to no avail.

“You are my son!” he screams “you will honor me, and this family! You will honor my uncle by becoming a Sword Lord like him if it kills me… even if it kills you!” His father was standing now, shaking his fist at Mykael, but Mykael simply sat in his chair, stoic.

Slowly rising from his chair Mykael turns to his mother and gives her a gentle smile “Thank you mother, dinner was delicious, as it always has been. I hope to see you again soon”

“No!” his father snaps “Do not return to this house until you have done what you set out to do! If you are not a Sword Lord, you are not welcome here!”

There was a moment of stunned silence as tears rolled down the face of Mykael’s mother. Mykael glares at his father then slowly turns and walks toward the door, turning back to face his parents as he reaches the door “I love you; goodbye” he says and then quickly leaves slamming the door behind him.

Mykael walks along the cobblestone street looking for an inn to stay at overnight. Despite his efforts to hold back, his eyes fill with tears. FInding a simple inn, he pays the innkeep and hurriedly makes his way to his room. Closing the door behind him, his legs seem to give way and he finds himself on the floor of the room near the simple straw bed. The emotions catch up to him there on the floor and he lets the tears fall freely for a time.

Then, wiping the tears from his cheeks, Mykael begins the process of taking off his armor and preparing for sleep. He reads the Acts and recites a few prayers and then goes to bed knowing he has a busy day ahead of him.

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.