ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 250 of 279

I bring my steed to a halt, Caelum lithely - Page 250 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Sep, 2016 - 8:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 279 pgs.  246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
6th Sep, 2016 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 250

Ignoble says...

Out of Character: : That is correct, Mykael is not trying to be deceitful he wants justice to be served, but also to offer a chance for Akiros to redeem himself, even if it is only by finally telling the truth of what he’s done.

In Character: : Mykael frowns and glances down at the table as Akros collapses into his emotions then brings his eyes back up to address Hegin “A heinous crime is murder, indeed” he says with a tone underscored with a sense of empathy for the fallen paladin “even when done in the heat of passion it is a crime that cries out for justice, but is it a crime that places this man beyond redemption?”

Pausing for a moment in thought Mykael continues taking on a more matter of fact tone “An evil man would feel no sense of remorse, nor would he express such contrition. With the power to detect such things given to me by Iomadae, and based on his reaction here today I can say with some certainty that this man is not evil at his core. Still, absolution and redemption require more than simply a contrite heart; it requires that reparations for the wrongdoing be made. For justice to truly be served a price must be paid. What say you sir?” He looks to Hegin as he concludes.

Sponsored Links:
7th Sep, 2016 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

KNtoran

Aisent's suspicious demeanour immediately changes to a welcoming one and she holsters the wand. "Well, you should have said so earlier! I'm glad she sent you, and a hero of the city no less! Indeed, I have heard of the Stag Lord, he interrupted a shipment of mine and I thank you for stopping him!

"I have a few Handy Haversacks in stock, as well as all types of Bags of Holding. Even though the haversack costs 2000 and holds less, I still recommend it for all adventurers. If you have the coin, I have a Bag of Holding IV used by the legendary dwarf Bifund, who defeated Tachunia, a general of the Whispering Tyrant Tar-Baphon. It's both practical and a prized collector's item for 11 thousand gold."

Diarmadhim

"We catch the grigs near cave," he replies. "They were clearly spying on us, and we like it when they play their music too. So we keep them here. They stay in cage so they can't vanish and escape."

Another black scaled kobold emerges from a 10 foot wide cave entrance. The guard kobold introduces him, "This is Mikmek. However, it is best if Tartuk is forgotten."

Mikmek speaks, "I do not recognise you. You claim to be with Theaton but didn't travel with him recently. I think we should only let you in if Theaton, Zork, Mykael or even Oleg can prove who you are."

The guard pipes up,"Oh yeah, and stay away from the old lone tree."

"That's a secret, you idiot," Mikmek scolds him.

Zork

In Restov, the city operates as you would expect a larger city to work. When the citizens aren't working they're drinking, spreading gossips, dueling - both friendly and serious - and preparing for Archerfeast. There are always enough militiamen to uphold the law and the guard changes every 6 hours.

There are also many visitors to the town: merchants seeking a share of its prosperity, pilgrims visiting the cathedral to Erastil before the holiday, students seeking to learn, young lordlings heading for the Aldori dueling school and tourists seeking out the town's statues and attractions. The only thing that seems to be missing are the magicians peddling wares and entertainment on the streets; magic seems to be relegated to a few select buildings.

Out of Character: If you want a specific piece of information you can talk to people and gather information. It's a Diplomacy check that can be retried. Each try takes 1d4 hours.

Aericsteele

Hegin replies, "It is true, any man truly sorry has a chance at atonement. It is deeply saddening that this was no accident nor was he compelled. This will require an expensive offering to Iomedae. The temple in the capital will have the resources for such a ritual. We might extradite him to New Stetven, but First Knight Anarrow is a harsh disciplinarian… "

Isa ponders aloud, "I wonder, if she had lied, depending on her motivation or intent, she might have been evil at that moment. Rather than being immediately rebuked, could this man's loss of faith caused his loss of powers?"

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2016 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I am short on some cash right now but I do have a few items that I can use to trade. Unless you will allow me to take a loan out and pay you more as time goes on. I know I will be getting a reward in a couple more days from the sword lords that should help me pay it off."

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2016 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 250 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mikmek. Hmm. It is odd that they did not mention we had defeated the Stag Lord together. I had originally intended to stay in the region and explore a bit more, but the Swordlords of Restov sent me a message via magic asking if I would like to attend a ceremony. That is actually where I am on my way to.

As I told your friend here just a moment ago, I have claimed the Stag Lord's fort as my own. As I sign of goodwill, I am offering my friendship. If you ever need assistance, do not hesitate to come to me. Upon my return I should have a team of guards to assist in defending the region." Grinning, I add, "Worry not - I will be sure to stay away from your old lone tree unless you invite me to it. Have a great day gentlemen, I must be off to meet up with the others in Restov."

With that, Caelum and I head back to Yarrow. "Well that went better than I expected! It seems they are friendly and know Zork and Theaton. Odd that they have a couple of grigs as prisoners though… Yarrow, would you mind riding Midnight back to the fort? I must be off to Restov."

If he agrees, I summon a Phantom Steed that is black and red, like my family's colors. It has a speed of 60 feet, which is faster than even the swiftest of horses, and lasts for 6 hours per casting. Caelum and I then ride as swiftly as we can toward Restov.

8th Sep, 2016 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Ignoble says...

Mykael probes Akiros a little further regarding his involvement with the Stag Lord and the extent of the crimes that he may have committed while in the employ of the bandit lord. After Akiros has the opportunity to disclose everything about his past and his banditry Mykael calls for the guards to take Akiros back to his cell.

Once Akiros is out of the room Mykael addresses Hegin and Isa. “So now we know a little more information about Akiros’ fall from grace and the crimes he has committed, but it is hard to say whether this knowledge can have any real impact on the man's fate. In the end the magistrate here in Restov will decide that fate and from what I understand of the justice system here, his punishment is likely to be fairly harsh. I’m not sure that there is much we can do to mitigate that other than to appeal to the court to allow us to extradite him to New Stetven to stand before First Knight Anarrow. Do you think this is possible?”.

9th Sep, 2016 - 1:27am / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

The Second says...

In Character: Zork will specifically try to find out about corruption and what the people think about the governing body, maybe a name that we can look up and see what they are up to.

Zork II Results:
  • Diplomacy on D20 (+1): 13 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Sep, 2016 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 250

Game Master says...

KNtoran

"Well, as a principle I don't offer loans," Aisent replies. "I know that you're a town hero, but I cannot start a precedent. Otherwise all

If you need it now, the temple of Abadar is for more than just prayer to the god of wealth and trade. They also offer banking and loans. Sorry about pointing the wand at you when you came in. I hope to see you again when you have enough!"

Diarmadhim

Mikmek replies, "I'm sure you make an agreement with Chief Sootscale when you aren't so busy. I will personally tell him about you."

Yarrow agrees and starts riding Midnight back as your new steed travels with great speed across the hills and plains. The day moves on to early afternoon when Caelum sees 5 figures in the distance.

As you continue, they take up a position in your path, but still 400 feet out. They carry longbows in their hands, each one preparing an arrow but not drawing yet.

Out of Character: I first found the spell from 3.5 which has 20 feet per level. Now that speed would be amazing!

Aericsteele

It takes a good few minutes for Akiros to compose himself enough to talk. He tells you what he had said at the fort: he had killed twice for the Stag Lord, four times total when including Rosilla and her husband, and injured or incapacitated 10 or so guards and merchants. He's committed countless robberies, over 30, and organised about the same amount for the bandits lower ranked than him. Finally he has lied many times, accepted bribes and turned a blind eye towards torture.

The guard at the back of the room promptly take Akiros back at your request.

Hegin says, "Harsh it is here indeed. He will either lose fingers or a whole hand. As someone in charge, maybe even his life.

"But this city is known for its love of freedom. With a good enough lawyer and with a reasonable request we could do it. With our goddess on our side, they will see the good we want for the city and society as a whole. However, neither the court nor the lawyer is cheap and the legal system here is slow too. That's a good thing though, they consider every case carefully."

Txtrpg

It's quite easy to get the city Lord Mayor's name: Ioseph Sellemius. The people like him for his popularity but also see him as a puppet for the Throne of Brevoy. Which, legally speaking, he has to be. The Free City of Restov is only free within its walls - it's still within Brevoy's domain.

The best Swordlord is Jamandi Aldori - every Swordlord shares the surname to initiate them into the exclusive 'family'. She is a half-elf best known for her duelling skill, but not much else. She is mostly a figurehead for the council of the Swordlords.

3 hours later, Zork can find no evidence of any underground or corruption of officials, though you're welcome to keep searching for longer (More Diplomacy checks).

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 9th Sep, 2016 - 3:34pm

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2016 - 8:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 250

I bring my steed to a halt, Caelum lithely slipping off and calmy marching toward the individuals.

"I will look into them," Caelum quietly calls over his shoulder.

I ready an action to dismiss him, should they prove to be foes and fire upon him.

Caelum walks closer, looking to see if they have the markings of bandits, are wearing an amulet of the Stag Lord, or if they plan to attack.

Out of Character: Yeah, that would have been awesome! I was bummed to see they nerfed it. What kind of armor are these 5 people wearing? Do they have any other visible weapons?

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 10th Sep, 2016 - 8:10am

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.